What's new

Analysts predict the iPhone 5 to be a major hit that will sell over 250 Million units

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
fbr-120820.jpeg

While waiting for the the new iPhone to show its luminous face, analysts are making all sorts of massive predictions about what will happen when the smartphone finally hits the market this year. FBR Capital analyst Craig Berger seems to be particularly in awe of the upcoming device. He is projecting the device to sell 250 million units in the course of its entire lifespan.

"We expect the iPhone 5 … has the potential to generate the most promising device upgrade cycle in Apple's history," Berger announced.

He went as far as calling the iPhone a tsunami as he is confident that the new device will end up generating huge amounts of profit that might amount to a total of $144 billion in revenue, $77 billion in gross income and $47 billion in net income. The average ASP for the iPhone 5 is expected to be $575.

The analyst explains that this is to be expected as the new iPhone is going to be bringing major upgrades like NFC support and a larger 4-inch display. Also countries like China will surely support the rise of the upcoming device as China Mobile – the largest carrier in the country that has an average of 688 million subscribers, will start selling the phone in the first few months of 2013.

“If China Mobile launches the iPhone in early 2013, we anticipate that Apple could generate 13 million units sold [to China Mobile customers] in the first half of 2013,”

By Radu

Source: Apple's 'iPhone 5 Tsunami' predicted to sell 250M units over life cycle

Last edited:
It's very possible. There is a very large amount of demand that is building for this device. Many people see it as a year later then it should have arrived so there's that demand too

Me too,getting a little excited now.

Skimonkey said:
Maybe one of the features will be to brew us coffee or tea if we need it!!

I would take it for that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

nice graphic! I've found a source whicht turnt out to be really usefull, it's called: Statista, there are lots of iphone Statistics

Anyone have a box of patience I can borrow?

I am low on that myself and I still have the iphone 4 with a crack on the back.. :D though buying the new ipad helped in that it will get all the ios 6 features. But if rumors are anything to go by we dont have long to wait now.

so, finally it's out...so let's see if it'll help to get Apples iPhone sales up again. What do you think? will the iPhone5 blow up the market?

wel..here's the answer^^ this iPhone Statistics kind of shows it all..

Last edited: