What's new

All Smart Phone Suffer From Signal Loss

When Held In the so called "Death Grip" ..
The Droid users are not liking what they see here..

Apple Shows all smart phones suffer from Signal loss when held In the "Death Grip" Apple - Smartphone Antenna Performance

Thanks for the information but I think you're a week too late. Nokia and RIM CEO both denied claims by Apple that their antenna design have a problem. In fact, they said that they've been in the business for a long time and have spent a lot of money on antenna design and research. By the way, I tried to duplicate the so-called antenna problem on my work phone, Bold, and I cannot duplicate it. But then again I cannot duplicate the iPhone 4 antenna problem either.

This is a classic case of "mine doesn't do it"..... Ummm yea there are a million videos on YouTube that prove holding almost any phone like that reduces signal. So come on CEO bigshots... Nobody has a phone that isn't affected at all. I personally am glad this all came to light I think it will push handset makers to really work on the development of future antenna design.

I also think it will raise some eyebrows and maybe get all handsets makers
to put more effort into better antennas, which will lead to better signal strength all around and less dropped calls...

I also do have a Blackberry bold, Friends with Droid eris's and X's.
where i live signal strength by all carriers is average at best and It is easy to duplicate apples findings with any of these phones, The Droids are actuall worse.
people that cant duplicate the problem which can be common, try to make a iphone drop bars inside a apple store, Always say the same thing, this company or that company already denied apples findings, GET serious, If they could prove that they would have apple in court for everything there worth!!!!

Im tired of hearing about the death grip. The phone just has a crappy antenna all around. I have a ip4 and ip3gs sitting side by side in the same room/ same building/ same city/ with the same firmware/ both with no case/ and the same stock apps. Now with all of that covered, please tell me why my ip4 shows less signal than my 3gs. Not even my bumper fixes the signal issue.

Im tired of hearing about the death grip. The phone just has a crappy antenna all around. I have a ip4 and ip3gs sitting side by side in the same room/ same building/ same city/ with the same firmware/ both with no case/ and the same stock apps. Now with all of that covered, please tell me why my ip4 shows less signal than my 3gs. Not even my bumper fixes the signal issue.

Well Since I posted this thread awile back until now I have to agree with
you! I still have my IP3GS and my brother has one also, and the Ip4 seems
to always have the worst signal, and Im not talking about the death grip dropped bars, but in general Its just plain bad! The good news is a Unlocked Ip4 on ebay can be sold at a minimum of 700.00 bucks...

Well Since I posted this thread awile back until now I have to agree with
you! I still have my IP3GS and my brother has one also, and the Ip4 seems
to always have the worst signal, and Im not talking about the death grip dropped bars, but in general Its just plain bad! The good news is a Unlocked Ip4 on ebay can be sold at a minimum of 700.00 bucks...

Agreed. My ip4 (which I hardly use) has less bars than my sister 3GS wherever we go. I've dropped way more calls than her. Maybe it's just my phone. This phone is now my "gaming" phone, while I use my Dinc as my work phone. ( gotta love iPhone games)