What's new

After water damage

Siobhan

Reaction score
My iPhone fell in the pool. I dried it and left it for a week. After plugging in for a while the apple icon came, then the full screen saying battery was 100 per cent charged. But when I remove charger it goes dead. While on charger a lot of phone gadgets work(ie phone) but doesn't seem to be picking up wifi signal. Also charger plug does not go all the way into phone on one side?

Battery is most likely messed up. You'll need to take it apart and see the LCI or see any physical damage to the battery due to water.

My iPhone fell in the pool. I dried it and left it for a week. After plugging in for a while the apple icon came, then the full screen saying battery was 100 per cent charged. But when I remove charger it goes dead. While on charger a lot of phone gadgets work(ie phone) but doesn't seem to be picking up wifi signal. Also charger plug does not go all the way into phone on one side?

It's OK, you have insurance, right?

iPhone 4s is definitely worth the cost of insurance.

Insurance will cover it. The warranty or out-of-warranty-repair does not.

CCLemon said:
I thought apple doesn't cover water damage?

It does if you purchased AppleCare+ when you bought the phone. The normal warranty doesn't.

drchiou said:
If only you could purchase AppleCare after the previous AppleCare plan expired :$
Yes, Apple won't allow you to renew your AppleCare plan. One purchase per device is all they allow.

Siobhan said:

Had a friend with same problem and when on charge kept going through boot loop only in charge but take the charger out and died completely what you have to do is simply replace the battery and clean all the 5 connectors on the top with 99% alcohol works perfect