What's new

After 2 weeks of good service, T-Mobile all of a sudden blocks my IMEI?

LuisM1234

Reaction score
2 and a half weeks ago i bought a tmobile iphone 5 on ebay and activated the phone, the phone service was working well up until today when my phone came up with no service at the top left of the phone. I called t mobile and they told me the phone has a blocked imei because the previous owner didn't pay a previous bill or something like that. Now im stuck with an unusable phone. I contacted the previous owner and he claims he called tmobile and they told him there is no balance for him to pay and that the phone imei is good for activation. I dont know what to believe. What should i do? Has anybody here encountered a situation similar to this one?

2 and a half weeks ago i bought a tmobile iphone 5 on ebay and activated the phone, the phone service was working well up until today when my phone came up with no service at the top left of the phone. I called t mobile and they told me the phone has a blocked imei because the previous owner didn't pay a previous bill or something like that. Now im stuck with an unusable phone. I contacted the previous owner and he claims he called tmobile and they told him there is no balance for him to pay and that the phone imei is good for activation. I dont know what to believe. What should i do? Has anybody here encountered a situation similar to this one?
I'm not that familiar with ebay but i would think you have some buyer protection, i would suggest getting in touch with ebay and tell them what has happened with your purchase.

I'm not that familiar with ebay but i would think you have some buyer protection, i would suggest getting in touch with ebay and tell them what has happened with your purchase.

That's correct. There is a very good buyer protection policy in effect. An item not as described dispute can be opened with eBay for up to 45 days after payment was made for the item. If the dispute is accepted and the seller does not voluntarily refund the payment upon receipt of the returned item, eBay will refund the buyer and go after the seller to get it's money back. The refund is made upon confirmation that the seller has received the returned item. If you are still within the 45 day deadline, open the dispute immediately.

P.S. the item has to be returned to the seller with delivery confirmation at the buyer's expense. Te cost of return shipping is not refunded. Also, you must use signature confirmation of delivery if the selling price of the item is more than $250.00 or more.

Last edited:
Has T-Mobile given u the balance? They probably won't I'm sure since is his bill. I'd try to call tmobile and get the balance and maybe work it out with seller.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

One of the reasons why I would never buy any electronic device on Ebay.... The only thing I buy off Ebay is accessories for my phone or IPad

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net