What's new

Adding photos to iPhone without deleting or replacing photos already on the phone

jmt356

Reaction score
I want to add some photos to a friend’s iPhone without deleting the photos on that iPhone. Is the only way to add photos to an iPhone through iTunes? I do not want to synchronize the phone with iTunes because doing so will delete all of the photos on that iPhone and replace them with the photos in the folder on my computer set to sync through iTunes.

I want to get the photos from my computer to an iPhone 4S. I believe the iPhone 4S runs iOS 5.0 and can be upgraded to iOS 7.1.2. My iPhone is an iPhone 4 that has been upgraded to iOS 7.1.2.

Am I able to get the photos from my computer to my friend's iPhone 4S given these limitations?

Sorry, I was misunderstanding your post.

The 4s can be upgraded to the current iOS, 9.0.2, btw.

There are apps that can transfer photos from the computer to the iPhone, but afaik they work with the same Apple ID only. No idea what else would be possible without iTunes. Sorry!

Why doesn't Apple simplify things and allow users to copy and paste photos to the iPhone using Windows Explorer, which is able to treat every other phone I have ever used (including Blackberries and Samsung Galaxy) as a USB?

Import them with i tool in a new album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk