What's new

Addicted to the iPhone 4s

rurikw

Reaction score
Hello. I got my 4s in January. It has proved highly addictive, lots of fun and very helpful. Two examples: 1. I study Russian and thanks to the iPhone I always have several dictionaries at hand. 2. I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer. After reading tests, I chose the iPhone over other alternatives partly because of the camera. I wasn't disappointed. After trying once, I now often leave my "real" camera behind and use the iPhone instead. It changes my style of photography. With the iPhone I take more "social" and "fun" photos which i enjoy sharing with friends. The quality of the photos is surprisingly good. Such a small sensor is inevitably slightly noisy even in good light but on the iPhone it's rather filmgrainlike and pleasant. Apple clearly hit the right balance between noise reduction and sharpness which is quite good and even from edge to edge. That's not the case with many other phone or compact cameras. Haven't noticed much chromatic aberration either, even in worst-case high-contrast situations (color fringes at image edges due to different wavelengths hitting the sensor at slightly different locations, its absence a sign of good optics). Colors are very pleasing. I appreciate rather having a high quality prime lens than a zoom with image quality compromises. Even if iPhoneography is about other things than technically impeccable images, it doesn't hurt to have a good photo to start with. There are many apps that expand control of camera settings and offer lots of post-processing possibilities on the phone although I still mostly use Photoshop on my computer for that. I have bought a small tripod attachment which doubles as a grip. Makes shooting more comfortable. And of course: continuous access to the net, navigator, iBooks, music etc... When you consider how much it replaces, it's cheap.

I agree! I love my iPhone and it is always in my hand. I find myself using it more even than my iPad. This is the one thing I can't do without.

Hello and welcome to the forum for both of ya :) we are glad to have ya with us!

Hello. I got my 4s in January. It has proved highly addictive, lots of fun and very helpful. Two examples: 1. I study Russian and thanks to the iPhone I always have several dictionaries at hand. 2. I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer. After reading tests, I chose the iPhone over other alternatives partly because of the camera. I wasn't disappointed. After trying once, I now often leave my "real" camera behind and use the iPhone instead. It changes my style of photography. With the iPhone I take more "social" and "fun" photos which i enjoy sharing with friends. The quality of the photos is surprisingly good. Such a small sensor is inevitably slightly noisy even in good light but on the iPhone it's rather filmgrainlike and pleasant. Apple clearly hit the right balance between noise reduction and sharpness which is quite good and even from edge to edge. That's not the case with many other phone or compact cameras. Haven't noticed much chromatic aberration either, even in worst-case high-contrast situations (color fringes at image edges due to different wavelengths hitting the sensor at slightly different locations, its absence a sign of good optics). Colors are very pleasing. I appreciate rather having a high quality prime lens than a zoom with image quality compromises. Even if iPhoneography is about other things than technically impeccable images, it doesn't hurt to have a good photo to start with. There are many apps that expand control of camera settings and offer lots of post-processing possibilities on the phone although I still mostly use Photoshop on my computer for that. I have bought a small tripod attachment which doubles as a grip. Makes shooting more comfortable. And of course: continuous access to the net, navigator, iBooks, music etc... When you consider how much it replaces, it's cheap.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.