What's new

Canvas Print Photography Experts Say the iPhone 4S’s Camera is One of the Best

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
2679-iphone-4s-camera-canvas.JPG

Canvas printing experts CanvasPop have taken a look at the iPhone 4S’s camera from their own unique perspective, with their business being based largely around printing iPhone photos to canvas. Although it’s too soon for them to get to play around with the new 4S, of course, they did manage to put some sample images taken by the new phone’s 8-megapixel camera to the test. In the words of the CanvasPop blog, the iPhone 4S past their test with flying colours and a “stellar” result, even when blown up to 18” x 24”. According to the blog, the blown-up iPhone 4S picture “retained all of its detail with not even a hint of a pixel showing in the finished print.”

CanvasPop attributes much of the quality of the iPhone 4S’s camera down to the way in which Apple has altered the new camera’s optics, because they say that the quality of the sensor behind the lens is what really counts in terms of quality, because it absorbs the light information that makes up a photo. Because the 4S has a superior sensor and a wider aperture, it can receive more light, meaning more detail. So impressed are CanvasPop with the iPhone 4S’s new camera, that they call it “one of the highest quality onboard cameras in any smartphone to date.”

Source: iPhone 4S Camera: First Photo Canvas Print Review « CanvasPop Blog, via TUAW.

I like that picture. It crazy thinking how 6 or 7 years ago when we would take a pic with our phone you could barely make out any details. It sci-fi to reality in 7 years with the Apple iPhone.

The camera on a smartphone is probably one of the most important features I look for. Even though I have DSLR cameras, I find I take more pictures with my phone because it's always on me.

At Ensquared we find more and more people insure their iPhone because they value the camera and video camera features and place a huge value on it. In Australia Apple sells iPhones 4S for $799 unlocked. To replace an iPhone is expensive. Our insurance can be found at www.ensquared.com/iphone_catalog