What's new

Add an emoji button to stock keyboard?

SLMcc

Reaction score
Hi all. I tried searching but so far no luck... Is there a way to add a button, like the smiling face on Gboard to the stock main keyboard on an iPhone 7+ to bring up emojis without having to hold the globe and select the emoji keyboard?

Thanks!

Reaction score
On my phone there is a smiley face on the bottom left of the keyboard that brings up emojis. Here is a photo of what I I am speaking of.
Adjustments.jpg

OP
SLMcc

SLMcc

Reaction score
5B61BCDA-896B-4932-A4B9-8C0969EE7D0C.png
Yeah, I want that! Mine is on the bottom.

OP
SLMcc

SLMcc

Reaction score
I just have English (US) for the Apple keyboard. I also noticed 933’s keyboard looks pretty different with the top row for like the camera and pictures and the keys are in like bold? I can’t find a setting for any of that. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

J. A.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The top row is a feature of Tapatalk, the app. It’s at the bottom, when you reply. You can see better that it’s not part of the keyboard when you take a look at it using an iPad, e.g.:
IMG_3480.png

In Settings - General - Keyboards add the Emoji keyboard, so that it becomes part of your keyboard.

Reactions: 933

Reaction score
I’ve added several keyboards and have many apps for emojis. This may be why I show different keyboard then what you’re does. I also use Tapatalk Pro, which I pay for. Again this may be what’s different from what you show.

OP
SLMcc

SLMcc

Reaction score
Oh okay, I don’t have Tapatalk. I thought J. A. Just meant what languages do I have for the Apple keyboard. I have 7 total keyboards including the emoji keyboard, swipe, Gboard and a couple others.

I just wanted the smiling face on my Apple keyboard so I don’t have to switch to the emoji keyboard and back again. Too bad that’s not possible.

J. A.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t mean keyboard apps, but keyboards in Settings - General - Keyboard - Keyboards. If you use English and Emoji only, you should get the smiling face instead of the globe key on the built in (Apple) keyboard.

OP
SLMcc

SLMcc

Reaction score
Oh okay, sorry. Thanks. I wish I could add that bottom row like 933 has. That would be nice

Reaction score
That shows up on my stock keyboard even if I am not using Tapatalk. Here are all the keyboards i have installed. Maybe this can help to identify which of these is the one that places this smiley face on my keyboard.
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0483.PNG

OP
SLMcc

SLMcc

Reaction score
Well, I don't have a subject section when I go to compose a new message either. Maybe it's time for a new phone. Thanks for all your help with this. I appreciate it! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts