What's new

Add an emoji button to stock keyboard?

SLMcc

Reaction score
Hi all. I tried searching but so far no luck... Is there a way to add a button, like the smiling face on Gboard to the stock main keyboard on an iPhone 7+ to bring up emojis without having to hold the globe and select the emoji keyboard?

Thanks!

On my phone there is a smiley face on the bottom left of the keyboard that brings up emojis. Here is a photo of what I I am speaking of.
Adjustments.jpg

5B61BCDA-896B-4932-A4B9-8C0969EE7D0C.png
Yeah, I want that! Mine is on the bottom.

I just have English (US) for the Apple keyboard. I also noticed 933’s keyboard looks pretty different with the top row for like the camera and pictures and the keys are in like bold? I can’t find a setting for any of that. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

The top row is a feature of Tapatalk, the app. It’s at the bottom, when you reply. You can see better that it’s not part of the keyboard when you take a look at it using an iPad, e.g.:
IMG_3480.png

In Settings - General - Keyboards add the Emoji keyboard, so that it becomes part of your keyboard.

Reactions: 933
I’ve added several keyboards and have many apps for emojis. This may be why I show different keyboard then what you’re does. I also use Tapatalk Pro, which I pay for. Again this may be what’s different from what you show.

Oh okay, I don’t have Tapatalk. I thought J. A. Just meant what languages do I have for the Apple keyboard. I have 7 total keyboards including the emoji keyboard, swipe, Gboard and a couple others.

I just wanted the smiling face on my Apple keyboard so I don’t have to switch to the emoji keyboard and back again. Too bad that’s not possible.

I didn’t mean keyboard apps, but keyboards in Settings - General - Keyboard - Keyboards. If you use English and Emoji only, you should get the smiling face instead of the globe key on the built in (Apple) keyboard.

Oh okay, sorry. Thanks. I wish I could add that bottom row like 933 has. That would be nice

That shows up on my stock keyboard even if I am not using Tapatalk. Here are all the keyboards i have installed. Maybe this can help to identify which of these is the one that places this smiley face on my keyboard.
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0483.PNG

Well, I don't have a subject section when I go to compose a new message either. Maybe it's time for a new phone. Thanks for all your help with this. I appreciate it! :)