What's new

Ad Blocker?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
Is there any ad blocker from games that you can recommend? cydia or not, thanks

Why would you want to block ads in free games? Do you realise that this is the only way developers can make money from a 100% free game? If ad blockers become prevalent then you can say good bye to free games and we will all have to start paying for them again.

Ads have gotten OUT OF HAND! I was against ad blockers until the last year, understanding people need to make money from these ads.

App developers are stooping to new low scumbag moves. Take Angry Birds games. I paid money for these apps which are now free and I have to pay again to remove the ads. Is this fair? Pay for an ad free app only to have them update it to a free app then charge to remove the ads. Sorry, but all AngryBirds games have been removed from my iPhone. No wonder this company is having financial problems. They caused their problems, and got too greedy.

Weather Bug tried to pull this stunt. Paid $0.99 for their "Pro" version with no ads. They decided to take the Pro and free versions and combine them into one app, making all pro users to pay again! This didn't go over very well and their app rating went way down. They finally revamped the app so the people who originally paid don't see ads anymore.

MSNBC is famous for making us watch a 30-45 second commercial before watching a 20 second news clip. Needless to say I never watch their news clips anymore. WGNTV webpage when viewed on iPhones have ads that cover the whole screen for 10 seconds and no way to exit out of the ad.

I understand ads pay for webpages and apps, but they've gotten so out of hand, I now support ad blockers.

I no longer blindly update any apps now. I wait at least a month and read the reviews first before upgrading due to the shady business practices many app developers are doing now.

@APX7000: Under those circumstances I completely agree. I am an Indie developer and would never show ads to a customer against their will if they had paid for the game. I suspect that I am in the same boat as a vast majority of all other developers. Why punish the majority of well behaved developers for the small few that try to pull these dishonest tricks? By the way, ads are an awful way to monetise a game (for example I earn less than $0.01 per 30 second video play and that's only if the player views the entire video and virtually nothing for showing the player an ad or the player clicking on the ad), but its the only choice that players have left us with, people just won't pay money for games any more, the whole world wants them for free. Once the ad model no longer pays (eCPM is already racing to nothing), its good bye to free games, I personally cannot wait for that day to come, I may actually be able to scratch a living again doing what I love doing.

We all missed out on a bunch of paid, but went free for a few days Ad Blockers. A few weeks ago there were at least 5 for free. I was still on iOS 8, so I could not even download the ad blockers "for a later day".

@pocketeers, I totally agree. It will be interesting to see when the free app disappears, aside from apps that are self advertising or needed for a service like Netflix, Hulu etc. I will pay and pay a hefty price for an app if it's a good app I need or want. I read the reviews carefully. It should be interesting next few years to see what direction ad based apps take.

This ad problem is really two fold. Ads in Safari, then ads in apps. Does anyone know if current iOS 9 ad blockers block ads in apps, or just in Safari?

We all missed out on a bunch of paid, but went free for a few days Ad Blockers. A few weeks ago there were at least 5 for free. I was still on iOS 8, so I could not even download the ad blockers "for a later day".

@pocketeers, I totally agree. It will be interesting to see when the free app disappears, aside from apps that are self advertising or needed for a service like Netflix, Hulu etc. I will pay and pay a hefty price for an app if it's a good app I need or want. I read the reviews carefully. It should be interesting next few years to see what direction ad based apps take.

This ad problem is really two fold. Ads in Safari, then ads in apps. Does anyone know if current iOS 9 ad blockers block ads in apps, or just in Safari?
Content blockers in iOS 9 are effective in Safari and in any app that uses Safari View Controller.

I know this is ok but I gotta bust up in here. I know adds are important to devs but the 20-60s video adds that pisses me of because that's my data your using and it does add up, I used to run exposed YouTube on android because of that, stupid 45 seconds of HD add every 3rd video, **** adds up.

Now adds spam the crap outta your with notifications causing mad wake locks and adds that covers an important part of the screen on a game that is put there on purpose cuz they know you will hit it, I will never pay for an app that has bad advertising I don't care how good your junk it.

Sorry had to rant.