What's new

Need an iOS extension app that blocks unwanted search keywords from Google

.Sunny

Reaction score
I’m currently going through quite a hard time in my life and am very sensitive to triggering online content so would like an extension app for iOS that blocks these unwanted search keywords and websites from appearing on Google search results.

I know I can simply add things like “-(insert unwanted keyword)” and “-site:example.com” to Google search queries but when I need to block numerous keywords and sites from appearing in every Google search that I make this is just far too much hassle.

Apparently there are already extensions/plugins that can do all this without one having to manually type anything into the Google search bar, though they're only available on computers (I don't own any computers/laptops, only an iPhone and an iPad). I’ve tried typing things like “search keyword blocker” into the App Store and even downloaded a couple of free apps that looked promising but have had zero luck (all other iOS apps that appeared when searching for keyword blockers costed a ridiculous amount of money or were screen time/parental controls apps or ad-blockers, which I do not need).

Are these unwanted search words usually the same words in most searches?
If so, you could use ‘Text Replacement’, where you can specify a chosen word or phrase or even character(s), that you rarely use and it will automatically be replaced with your ‘list’ of search words.
Providing the list of words you use is written the same way you would input it into the Google search box, then it should work, and will save a great deal of typing on every search.

You can find it under ‘Settings - General - Keyboard - Text replacement’

Last edited: