What's new

iPhone gif block. Please help me!

Praseala Dumwell

Reaction score
iPhone iMessage #images
Okay so be easy on me I know everyone is going to say Iā€™m too strict. I just really want an answer and no questions please. This is a long story. Iā€™ve been trying to search this for years and I am sick of spending endless hours on google and bing and apple trying to figure this out. Iā€™ve even tried to contact Apple about this.

Ok so. Yes I have kids Yes I have screen time Yes I know about every restriction there is.

I have phones locked down to the max. We use desktops and iPads but phones I want locked down as tight as I can - for reasons I donā€™t wish to disclose at the moment.

Now onto the question.

iMessage. We all know they have the annoying app sticker store that canā€™t be deleted. I know how to hide the bar. I know I can put ā€œdonā€™t allow to install appsā€ and the app sticker store will ā€œdisappearā€. I have that done. My issue is mostly with #images. I know how to make those go away too but Iā€™ve actually found a loophole. Well. My kids did.

Thereā€™s explicit gifs in there. I have begged Apple to restrict them for years or let me know how. For example if someone sends a gif. It will say at the bottom ā€œgiphy sent via #imagesā€ and if you click that it will bring up the App Store or images even if itā€™s blocked! I canā€™t control if someone sends them a gif and this allows them to open it

Also, a glitch within Apple I have discovered. If you go to your iPhone iMessage list. As if u are going to try to hide them or add them to the app bar, the search bar at the top that says ā€œsearch iMessage appsā€ if you type #images it will actually let you access them. Even if they are blocked.

I just want a way to either get rid of the search iMessage apps bar that is listed once u click the three dots where app sticker store is. Or just something I can do. Disabling iMessage doesnā€™t work. I have looked for app ad blockers that may let me remove that search bar and I canā€™t find one.

Iā€™m desperate. Like willing to pay someone to help me with this since a lot of you are tech geniuses.

Thanks everyone for any help u may give.

Attachments

• F3686957-44B1-432A-A7C7-8D9C4663D906.png
    F3686957-44B1-432A-A7C7-8D9C4663D906.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 436
  • CBBB05DE-148C-43A2-B557-8475D101DF39.png
    CBBB05DE-148C-43A2-B557-8475D101DF39.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 447
Welcome to iPhone Forums, @Praseala Dumwell!

We are not tech geniuses, weā€˜re just a bunch of people dedicated to the iPhone, discussing itā€˜s features and trying to help, if possible, and we donā€˜t get any payment. If we can help, we do it for free.

We are not affiliated with Apple.

Iā€˜ve removed your duplicate thread. Posting the same problem twice wonā€˜t help getting better solutions. Keeping the discussion in one thread only will more likely help.

I do hope someone can help solving your issue. Good luck!

Last edited: