What's new

activating iphone 5 without sim?

rockybb

Reaction score
hi i got this 2nd hand iphone 5, i just wiped it using dfu mode and plugged into itunes and update + restore to ios 9.1 i think.
etcetc extracted installed.
so currently i dont have a sim card on me, i have access to wifi and itunes. But both methods wants a simcard
which i dont currently own.
is it possible to activate without sim? like turning it into a ipod

hi i got this 2nd hand iphone 5, i just wiped it using dfu mode and plugged into itunes and update + restore to ios 9.1 i think.
etcetc extracted installed.
so currently i dont have a sim card on me, i have access to wifi and itunes. But both methods wants a simcard
which i dont currently own.
is it possible to activate without sim? like turning it into a ipod
I'm afraid not. The iPhone can't be activated without a SIM card in the holder. It doesn't have to be an active SIM card, it just has to be in the holder.

sorry as i'm a new member, so what if the iphone is network locked? can i use any sim or it needs the sim which locked to?

sorry as i'm a new member, so what if the iphone is network locked? can i use any sim or it needs the sim which locked to?
If it's a locked iPhone, the SIM card has to be from the carrier it's locked to. The SIM card doesn't have to be activated, though.

oh!! thats sorry to me.....i have an iphone 5 locked to globe...eash no way in