What's new

Activated?

Stannislaus

Reaction score
Hi all,
I think I have a unique issue (at least I couldn't find anything like it here) and I was hoping someone could shed some light on it for me.

I am currently working in China and have been trying to get my family to send me over an iPhone 4 (I bought it with the AT&T package so I can easily go back home and use it once it can be unlocked here). I just recently got one but it was preloaded with 4.1. Not an issue, I am comfortable with waiting until JB/unlock comes out. However, on first plugging into iTunes I was not prompted for anything about activation. So my question is how do I know if my phone is activated? At the moment it is like an iPod touch. Can use all iPod features, apps, Safari, photos etc and I can make pretend phone calls. Is this an activated phone? From what I read about others activating it seemed they received prompts to wait a minute or three while activating, which I did not. I must have done about 20 web searches and many more forum searches but all the results I get are related to activating via sim cards and whether that works.

Is my iPhone 4 activated right now?

If you can use it like that then it is already activated, otherwise you will be stuck with the activation screen on the phone, so it must been activated. all you need now is to wait for the jailbreak and unlock :)

Excellent thanks for the confirmation. That unlock can't come too soon!

My Iphone 4 will be arrived from usa in two days ( i live in Egypt- Middle East ), it is locked.
as i asked my cousin, he said that it has sim card in it.
is it means that i can activate it ?.
if yes, what can be used on it until jailbroking and unlocking comes out?.
can i use the wi-fi internet, and my local active sim card to make calls?.
or locked means can`t do anything!!!.

thanks to your help, regards

My Iphone 4 will be arrived from usa in two days ( i live in Egypt- Middle East ), it is locked.

your right next to cyprus and greece, i am in cyprus re and we have it sim free. dont they sell them there sim free? i could probably throw one from cyprus to you lol

your right next to cyprus and greece, i am in cyprus re and we have it sim free. dont they sell them there sim free? i could probably throw one from cyprus to you lol

thank you for quick response.
i didn`t exactly understand , what you mean with ( we have it sim free )
did you meant the iphone or the sim card?.
if it is the iphone, i purchased it already.
regards

regards

by sim free it means yo can put any sim card inside and it will accept it. so it is not locked like you said yours is

regards

by sim free it means yo can put any sim card inside and it will accept it. so it is not locked like you said yours is

excuse me, is it a sim card to activate and unlock the iphone, and after that i will be able to use my local active mobile sim insted?.
please more details.

regards

excuse me, is it a sim card to activate and unlock the iphone, and after that i will be able to use my local active mobile sim insted?.
please more details.

well that depends from where you bought the iphone?

a lot of iphones are locked to different carriers so if you got it from the usa it will be locked to att so you will need one of those sim cards to activate it and will only be able to use that sim, if you got it from your own country and its locked to a carrier of yours then you can simply buy a pay as you go sim for that carrier and it will let you activate it via itunes

please more details.

well that depends from where you bought the iphone?

a lot of iphones are locked to different carriers so if you got it from the usa it will be locked to att so you will need one of those sim cards to activate it and will only be able to use that sim, if you got it from your own country and its locked to a carrier of yours then you can simply buy a pay as you go sim for that carrier and it will let you activate it via itunes

Dear paliometoxo
thank you for your explanation.
as i explained previously, i will receive it in two days from usa, and it is locked and cames with a sim card.
i think, i have to wait till it arrives and see what sim it has.
and we may discuss again.

thanks and regards

mostakari sabah el foll, i live in Egypt too and my iPhone was sent from USA with the sim too. that sim will activate the phone with iTunes it will function as an ipod, to use your local carrier it has to be jailbroken and unlocked. you can still use wifi and all the other functions but you will not be able to make calls yet till you unlock it, and PS. you will have to cut your sim to the size of a micro sim.

mostakari sabah el foll, i live in Egypt too and my iPhone was sent from USA with the sim too. that sim will activate the phone with iTunes it will function as an ipod, to use your local carrier it has to be jailbroken and unlocked. you can still use wifi and all the other functions but you will not be able to make calls yet till you unlock it, and PS. you will have to cut your sim to the size of a micro sim.

dear toulan, Sabah El Noor
thanks for the useful informations.
i purchased a micro sim card cutter ( with adapters to use the micro sim on normal size again anytime ) from e-bay , and it will be coming with the iphone tomorrow ISA (In Shaa Allah).
keep in touch to solve together and the others the jailbreaking and unlocking when it comes out. regards

Last edited:
i purchased a micro sim card cutter ( with adapters to use the micro sim on normal size again anytime ) from e-bay , and it will be coming with the iphone tomorrow ISA (In Shaa Allah).
keep in touch to solve together and the others the jailbreaking and unlocking when it comes out. regards

ISA . if you needed anything just message me i will be more than happy to help :)

ISA . if you needed anything just message me i will be more than happy to help :)

dear toulan. sorry for delay, i activated my iphone with the sim provided.
i added some of my e-mail accounts like aol, gmail, tedata.
the incoming mail succeeded, but the outgoing not, means i can`t send e-mails, although all settings are correct!!!.
have you any idea?.
good news, as announced in the ( iphone jailbeark org ) site below, the new greenPoi0n jailkreak will be released on sunday 10.10.10.

Green Pois0n Jailbreak 4.1 Release Date Announced | Iphone 4 Jailbreak.org

keep in touch. have a nice day

Hello mostakari and toulan

I hope all of u r well. I am like you live in Egypt, and my brother send me iphone 4 with sim (at&t) already on it, I use it with iTunes which work and I use the wifi and so on, but I am waiting for JB and unlock, so I can use it as a phone. the microSim is available here in Vodafone and I asked them if I want such sim and they said yes you can have such one from them
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited: