What's new

Iphone 4 ACTIVATED

mugabe

Reaction score
Hello can the expects help me here, i am very naive on smart phones, i have just bought a new iphone 4 and i have not activated yet becausewant to learn from you before i activate it,the problem now is i have been reading a lot about jailbreaking and also operating system 5.0.1.i do believe that when i conect to the computer it will update itself from itunes to version 5.0.1 and since there is not jailbreak for version 5.0.1 how do i avoid this upgrade when i connect to the itunes to activate it?because i would like to jailbreak and unlock in future.?any help and suggestions please.thank you in advance.

Do you know what iOS version it's on right now? You can go ahead an plug into iTunes... just don't accept when it prompts you to upgrade. iTunes will not update your iOS version w/o you clicking the box to approve it. Also, there is a Jailbreak for 5.0.1... only downside is it's a Tethered Jailbreak right now. Here's a link to check out...
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...-ios5-tethered-using-redsn0w-beginners-25943/