What's new

Account suspended

chrisa62401

Reaction score
I just tried to buy an app and my account is suspended. I assume it is to do with the recent hacking of apple id's. I contacted Apple and they have no idea how long it will be before my account is restored. Anyone else have this problem?

News to me! Thanks for bringing this issue up.

i just got one of these 'Apple id suspended' email messages, along with a link to reset it.

not being one who follows any link of this type without investigating properly, as this is a common type of method used in many bank scams i googled it.

Softpedia reports a scam (based on this message) to steal your account details by taking you to a fake but very convincing looking site.

my email was badly constructed as in no spacing line between two paragraph's, and some poor grammar, not that mine is great but i just expect better efforts from class companies such as Apple ;(

i did not prove my e-mail's legitimacy either way, but as with any email stating "your account has been suspended" always go to the service providers site direct - don't ever use a 'convenient' link!

just to add, i tried a test download of a free app, as usual my password was asked for and App installed.

i guess my iD us not suspended then ?

Last edited:
This isn't good,i hope Apple sorts this out soon,please let us know how it goes.

I haven't received this phishing email, but I've received the very similar PayPal one. It too talks about your account being suspended if you don't click on the link and verify your account details.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I haven't received this phishing email, but I've received the very similar PayPal one. It too talks about your account being suspended if you don't click on the link and verify your account details.

PayPal suspected phishing emails can be forwarded to [email protected]. PayPal will verify if legit or not and take action against the fraud.

I don't know of a similar way to report phishing messages to Apple.

PayPal suspected phishing emails can be forwarded to [email protected]. PayPal will verify if legit or not and take action against the fraud.

I don't know of a similar way to report phishing messages to Apple.

I know, I've done it every time I've received the PayPal phishing email.