What's new

1 account, 2 IOS devices and iCloud backup

stekki

Reaction score
OK, this is my first post on this forum :).

I will be buying my first iPhone in 2 weeks. I already have an iPad with a iTunes account.
Now with iCloud backups, what will happen? Will the backups mix all apps, assuming I have just one account?

This would be frustrating because there are iPhone and iPad specific apps. I don't wanna mix apps... :)

Anybody can give me an explanation of how this will work out?

Thanks!

OK, this is my first post on this forum :).

I will be buying my first iPhone in 2 weeks. I already have an iPad with a iTunes account.
Now with iCloud backups, what will happen? Will the backups mix all apps, assuming I have just one account?

This would be frustrating because there are iPhone and iPad specific apps. I don't wanna mix apps... :)

Anybody can give me an explanation of how this will work out?

Thanks!

Nope you'll have two account's one with the ipad app's and other with iphone. x

Yes that is right u will have 2itunes accounts

Would you guys do this? Do I lose some functionality/benefits from iCloud doing this, 1 itunes account for each idevice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure about this?

My understanding was that if you have, for example, an iPad and an iPhone you HAD to have ONE SINGLE account for the two if you wanted to use "+" apps (apps that run on both the iPhone and also on the iPad) if you didn't want to pay a second time for the app. Also with certain apps that will allow syncing data between the iPad app and the iPhone app then they must be the same iTunes account on the iPad and the iPhone.

I certainly hope we can get a definitive answer to this before I get my first (pre-ordered last Friday) iPhone on (?) Friday! I had assumed from what I'd read that I'd be using the same account for my new iPhone as I use for my iPad; I don't want to screw things up if I've got this wrong.

Kakayleahniya said:

Wrong. All apps associated with either device will be under one account. No matter if it's iPad or iPhone. Now when you download apps for your phone and you see a + sign by the price it will also download the iPad version of the app.

Yarrenbool said:
Are you sure about this?

My understanding was that if you have, for example, an iPad and an iPhone you HAD to have ONE SINGLE account for the two if you wanted to use "+" apps (apps that run on both the iPhone and also on the iPad) if you didn't want to pay a second time for the app. Also with certain apps that will allow syncing data between the iPad app and the iPhone app then they must be the same iTunes account on the iPad and the iPhone.

I certainly hope we can get a definitive answer to this before I get my first (pre-ordered last Friday) iPhone on (?) Friday! I had assumed from what I'd read that I'd be using the same account for my new iPhone as I use for my iPad; I don't want to screw things up if I've got this wrong.

You are right. Plus one.