What's new

Absolute worst thing to do to an iPhone Jailbreaking

Stacey McGuides

Reaction score
I want to jailbreak my just to be able to use all the extra functions, but its a brand new 4s that I had unlocked and switched to Tmobile.

My question is: What is the worst possible scenario that could happen if I jailbreak it? I mean, if there is a chance that I will brick the phone I'm not sure thats its worth it?

There's truly no such thing as "Bricking" an iDevice. There are full proof methods of bringing one out of any scenario that could arise. The trick is... knowing which scenario you have placed it in.

No, rest assured you cannot brick a 4S by jailbreaking it with Absinthe.
It you happen to completely mess up you device once jailbroken (which is unlikely), you simply attach it to iTunes and press restore. The device will be returned to a factory fresh 5.1.1 install.
The best way to avoid making any mistakes is by doing your research. Review what tweaks and apps others are using using our forum and other internet resources. Read the descriptions of tweaks carefully and make sure they are compatible with the iPhone and 5.1.1 and you shouldn't go far wrong. If you do get into bother, post your problems here and the community will do its best to help.