What's new

A Quad Core iPhone 5 Will Beat the Android Competition

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Screen_shot_2011-12-01_at_13_04_31.jpg

You probably are all aware of the mass of speculation circling around the iPhone 5. Indeed, there are plenty of questions to be answered. Will the iPhone 5 be a complete redesign? What new configurations will it sport? What new technologies might it bring? Experts seem to agree upon some things and not others. Like the fact that the iPhone 5 is going to be having amazing new hardware and features like 3D video and pictures, a new keyboard and 4G speeds. And with features like this, the never ending competition between iPhone and Android might get ever tougher, for the latter. Dark days are in the cards for Google phones it seems. Here’s why:

First of all, the processor will be able to match up speeds like 1.5-2.0 GHz and 1 GB of RAM. Of course, the new iPhone 5 will also have iMessege, iOS 5, iCloud and all the cool stuff the iPhone 4S brought along. Also Apple has been reported filing several patent applications regarding 3D picture capturing on the iPhone 5.

Secondly, Apple has been said to extend the size of its screen in order to measure up to Android smarthphone. It will probably be a 4-inch screen. There’s also word out that the Silicon Valley company might try and implement a NFC chip in their upcoming iDevice. Also, there are lots of expectations regarding improvement of battery life with the new phone. After all the heartache and grief caused by the battery life issues of the iOS 5 and its bug fix, Apple is probably focusing a lot of energy to solve that problem. And when Apple tries hard it usually comes up with something awesome.

Last but not least, the iPhone 5 will certainly be unleashed to additional carriers within the U.S, which will incidentally make for more profitable and give it much more exposure. As the iPhone 5 aims to be a world phone, we are pretty sure it will be available with any carrier and in every country. The pricing of the next generation iPhone will also depend on what carriers you chose to purchase with.

Source: Computerworld

Ease up on the kool-aid. We will be lucky to get LTE, let alone a bigger screen. Text reflow is a priority. The battery life will still be bad. 3d ? No chance.

Ease up on the kool-aid. We will be lucky to get LTE, let alone a bigger screen. Text reflow is a priority. The battery life will still be bad. 3d ? No chance.

The new phone will get the 4" screen. I will put that in the 99.9% group of changes. LTE will depend on if the carriers and technology have improved enough to make it a safe bet. Apple is not an early adopter. As for the battery, my 4S has easily as good and better battery than both my HTC Incredible and Incredible 2 had. Both of those were better after rooting but were dismal at release.

No point in 4g in the uk, we have extremely poor 3G still.....

The new phone will get the 4" screen. I will put that in the 99.9% group of changes. LTE will depend on if the carriers and technology have improved enough to make it a safe bet. Apple is not an early adopter. As for the battery, my 4S has easily as good and better battery than both my HTC Incredible and Incredible 2 had. Both of those were better after rooting but were dismal at release.
Ok,onea :) Please excuse the tone of my last post. My blood was boiling due to the absence of text reflow in iOS. However, the good mwhartman schooled me on using READER for iOS 5. It does exactly what I need in order to read with comfort. So should I buy a 4S right now or wait till June/Oct 2012? Ahh, first world problems. May God bless you all this holiday season. Cheers :)

Well fair point, I'm on orange and find that in the southeast we have very few 3G TX/RX.... So should have said that instead of quality !!

wonder how the next iphone will sell as it will be the first one steve jobs had no input in ( sadly due to his passing away ) steve was against a 4inch screen , will apple go against steves wishes , only time will tell

I very recently listened to an NPR broadcast/interview with Walter Isaacson - the author of "Steve Jobs" (2011)...and it was mentioned that the year and months before the passing of Jobs, Steve actually was designing and had more input into the iPhone 5 (or 6 - what ever the one after the 4S is called) then the 4S itself. He knew the 4S was not going to change physically...and only iOS was getting a major overhaul/update...so he let his team do the majority of the work. So it was said by Isaacson, that the next iPhone should be the biggest seller of them all...because it will be a collectible (almost iconic) device, being that it would be the last iPhone Steve Jobs had help design. Hard to believe with the numbers the 4S brought in with sales....but I do look forward to the next release bigtime :)

I very recently listened to an NPR broadcast/interview with Walter Isaacson - the author of "Steve Jobs" (2011)...and it was mentioned that the year and months before the passing of Jobs, Steve actually was designing and had more input into the iPhone 5 (or 6 - what ever the one after the 4S is called) then the 4S itself. He knew the 4S was not going to change physically...and only iOS was getting a major overhaul/update...so he let his team do the majority of the work. So it was said by Isaacson, that the next iPhone should be the biggest seller of them all...because it will be a collectible (almost iconic) device, being that it would be the last iPhone Steve Jobs had help design. Hard to believe with the numbers the 4S brought in with sales....but I do look forward to the next release bigtime :)

If it has the design changes I think it will, I believe it will be one of the biggest sellers by far. Just a guess.

Ok,onea :) Please excuse the tone of my last post. My blood was boiling due to the absence of text reflow in iOS. However, the good mwhartman schooled me on using READER for iOS 5. It does exactly what I need in order to read with comfort. So should I buy a 4S right now or wait till June/Oct 2012? Ahh, first world problems. May God bless you all this holiday season. Cheers :)

I'm really happy with the 4S size. I've found my personal preference with the Apple lines is that the resolution tends to be so sharp and crisp that the smaller screens really don't bother me. For some reason they "feel" like larger screens. I've found the physical size of the 4S to be perfect for my liking and the keyboard great. If you don't necessarily "need" the phone, you could wait. But saying that, I would say if you picked this one up, I don't think you would regret it.

I will say this. I think Siri is the one singular most outstanding feature of the phone. I can't believe how well it works.

I wouldn't call it poor. I can get over 3mbps with a full signal...

last time I did a speed test I got 7mbps with o2..

you never know with apple, they might surprise you with 3D

I doubt 3D, like someone else already said, Apple is not an early adopter. If any of you have used a 3D phone you know that the technology is still a LONG way away from being perfected and I just don't see Apple including 3D until its perfect.