What's new

A new iPhone fan

DocTerry

Reaction score
Glad to be part of the community. We live in Western Canada, and travel several times a year.

I used a Palm Pilot for years, and loved its usefulness and particularly it's gaming capabilities. However, I decided that it was getting long in the tooth and figured that a smartphone would replace my phone and Palm--Good idea? Replace two items with one. Yes, in theory, but I soon discovered that the Blackberry Curve is a lousy gaming machine.

So, I went out and bought an iPod Touch. What a winner! A great gaming machine, and lots of useful personal utilities. Of course, I am back to using two machines! Even my simple mind eventually figured out that the real solution was the iPhone! So, I spring $800 to buy an unlocked one from Apple.

It arrived a week ago. The sim chip from Fido arrived today. I set it up, transferred all my iPod stuff onto the iPhone4 and am raring to go!

I have already posted a question about GPS useage and am looking forward to getting 2 or 3 helpful responses. Nice to be here!

welcome! you made the right move! and good thing you got it unlocked, thats the best way to have it and well worth the extra few bucks it costs