What's new

Need help with aol mail on iphone 4

bcs443

Reaction score
I have been using a Palm Pre from Sprint and purchased a Ipad 2 and was hooked with Apple! Now I just purchased an Iphone 4 but cannot get instant aol emails like I can on my Pre. I have never had any issues getting emails instantly on the Pre but after calling Apple Support (very responsive) and AOL, I cannot get the emails instantly. I have AOL since the begiinning and cannot switch so that is not an option and I need to receive my emails instantly and have for years on the Pre. I am using Verizon with the Iphone 4. Can anyone help me with this problem so I can keep this wonderful machine? Thank you

What do you want? receive your emails on your phone as soon as they arrive in your AOL box? have you already set up the AOL account on your phone? there is a feature on the iPhone which can fetch/search in your AOL box new emails every 15mn or so... Just activate that function.

I need to receive my emails instantly when they are sent and cannot wait the 15 minutes or so. The Palm Pre was able to do that for me for years and although I really want the iphone, it seems that after many hours of research, getting them instantly is impossible

I just looked, and it should be very easy to set up your AOL account. Go to settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account...

But even though the iphone 4 has a provision for aol mail, it does not send it immediatley. It only sends it at 15 minute interviels and I need them instantly

I can understand- 15 minutes would be frustrating. I don't seem to have that issue with Yahoo or Hotmail. I can manually check as well.

I am relatively new. You may want to check your Push Notification settings Maybe that will help. Here's a link that explains about them:

About Apple Push Notification Service

I need to receive my emails instantly when they are sent and cannot wait the 15 minutes or so. The Palm Pre was able to do that for me for years and although I really want the iphone, it seems that after many hours of research, getting them instantly is impossible
There is nothing that you can do about it, unless you jailbreak then you will have an option to fetch your mail every 5mn. I think that the next coming iOS will come with a fix for this issue.