What's new

A few questions about my iphone 4

whoisthis

Reaction score
1) How do i get rid of the sound when i receive texts without switching the phone to vibrating.
2) When i receive calls, how come the phone vibrates and rings..? I hate it. Can we make it do one thing?
3) Currently i have hotmail on the "mail" built in app. When i erase mails on my phone, they are not erased on the hotmail on PC. can we fix this problem or get a better app?
4) How do i have home screen lock?
These are pretty much only dislikes i have since i received the phone 2 days ago.

thank you

everything u need is in settings lolz, "sounds" for ur clicking and ring/vibrate issues

1) How do i get rid of the sound when i receive texts without switching the phone to vibrating.
2) When i receive calls, how come the phone vibrates and rings..? I hate it. Can we make it do one thing?
3) Currently i have hotmail on the "mail" built in app. When i erase mails on my phone, they are not erased on the hotmail on PC. can we fix this problem or get a better app?
These are pretty much only dislikes i have since i received the phone 2 days ago.

thank you

1) settings > sounds > new text message > none
2) settings > sounds > Vibrate Slide it to off, or for silent obviously use the button on top of the volume control whatever its called.
3) no you can fix it by putting mobile me. or check the app store for another hotmail app. but mobile costs money per year. but it will sync apps with pc/mac. never really checked app store for other apps. or you could use use safari and go to hotmail.com each time. but check app store
4) home screen lock? settings > general> auto lock. if thats what you mean? or do you mean to type the pin when you slide to unlock? in which case its passcode lock right under the auto-lock option

ok when you mute the i phone does that includes the incoming calls?(like the silence profile in Nokia phones)

ok when you mute the i phone does that includes the incoming calls?(like the silence profile in Nokia phones)

yes it includes everything games (apart from if the game has a video, it does not seem to mute that) all texts cals everything. like the silent profile on nokia well actually you can configure the settings on the nokia to have sound lol but the default silence profile where everything is off and you can turn off vibrate in the options or have it on

thank you

1) settings > sounds > new text message > none
2) settings > sounds > Vibrate Slide it to off, or for silent obviously use the button on top of the volume control whatever its called.
3) no you can fix it by putting mobile me. or check the app store for another hotmail app. but mobile costs money per year. but it will sync apps with pc/mac. never really checked app store for other apps. or you could use use safari and go to hotmail.com each time. but check app store
4) home screen lock? settings > general> auto lock. if thats what you mean? or do you mean to type the pin when you slide to unlock? in which case its passcode lock right under the auto-lock option

Thx for your kind answers :) now my only problem is #3. I checked the app store for hotmail but only had the messanger. I'm pretty sure there should be a way..

np :) im sure some one else will be able to give you a good app name for that. im happy for it to not sync with mbp so i dont know of a good one

i'll be waiting until someone chimes in lol.
Until then, anyone use Citibank check scanner app? I couldn't find one in the app store.