What's new

A few of my app icons disappeared. Please help.

WayneH

Reaction score
Hi, my icon space for the apps became full and I downloaded 3 games not knowing it. I combined some apps to make space and I can search for the games on my phone and play them, but there are no icons. When I go to the app store it says they are downloaded. I'd like the icons, any help would be great! Thanks.

Oh and you have a nice forum. I've been lurking for a bit. :)

Try resetting your homescreen layout and see what happens. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Homescreen Layout

Also, have you investigated this on iTunes? You might find them on your sync list and then would be able to unsync a few apps you don't use.

If I reset my homescreen layout, will it change any of my icon placement or delete them?

I'm a bit confused here. Have you filled ALL of the space?

You are aware that you can have multiple home screens? Just in case you are unaware, swipe right to left on the home screen to reveal the next one.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but you never know.

I was wondering the same thing as Kevin above... do you have soooo many apps that you've completely filled up every page of your springboard? Wasn't sure that was possible. LOL!!!

The icons mysteriously appeared. Thanks!

Cue "Twilight Zone" music.

Good to see the problem resolved itself.

I had a similar problem, for some reason the icons didn't appear. Drove me nuts. Then suddenly they showed up. Still not sure what went wrong or what fixed it.