What's new

76 percent of iPhone buyers own a case for their smartphone

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$Iphone5sIphone5cApple910_50_610x407.jpg

According to latest data from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, cited by AppleInsider, 76 percent of iPhone buyers also own a case for their phone. The study also informs that 15 percent of those who bought the new iPhone 5s chose Apple's official premium cases. Only 10 percent of iPhone 5c owners decided to buy Apple’s own cases.

CIRP also reveals that Otterbox is the leader of the market, the third-party case maker making half of the total cases for the previous-generation iPhone 4s. With the newer iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, Otterbox’s share decreased to just over 20 percent for each handset. AppleInsider provides further information:

But the largest percentage of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c case owners simply don't know who makes their case. Among those polled, nearly half of all iPhone 5c owners indicated they don't know their case's brand, while 30 percent of iPhone 5s owners were unsure who made their accessory — representing larger shares than Otterbox, Apple, or anyone else was able to carve out. Other case makers — such as Belkin, Griffin, Incase, Incipio, LifeProof,Speck, and Spigen — did not command a large enough share to be singled out like Apple or Otterbox. Collectively, they represent about 30 percent of iPhone 5s cases in use, and just over 20 percent of iPhone 5c cases, according to the survey.

Usually, before a big Apple product launch, case makers have accessories already prepared to be ordered, estimating the size based on the most realistic rumors and leaks. Do you have a case with your iPhone?

Source: AppleInsider

I currently don't have one on my iPhone 4 as I am tired of replacing them when they break $$$ lol.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using Tap

I bought a couple different cases for my iPhone 5 C but I'm the kind of person who puts a case on all my phones. It's protection for an investment in my opinion.

I never bother with a case, was tempted to get the morphie juice pack for me 5s but never did

I never leave home without protection. I currently have 4 cases for my Gold iphone 5s and depending on the day depends on the case. I'm currently using my Tough Armor by Spigen. It has become my go to case
3etu9agy.jpg

I had a lifeproof mophie and otterbox defender and will be going same route minus life proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have only one case for my 6Plus. I wonder what that means, maybe I'm just totally satisfied with the Black Apple Leather Case [emoji106][emoji108][emoji4]

I'm thinking with the new slim design of the 6/6s and 6 Plus/ 6s Plus it's probably more than 76% of consumers purchasing cases nowadays

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6s Plus

I'm shopping right now for a cool case... I'm using black and clear back it looks ok but I want something nice new and that looks great w the rose gold

I got an Otterbox Commuter for my 6s Plus. Then a nice Apple Support person sent me a black Apple leather case for free. I was going to try it on, but can't get the Commuter off! LOL!

I'm shopping right now for a cool case... I'm using black and clear back it looks ok but I want something nice new and that looks great w the rose gold

I have the space grey 6s + but I too have a black case with a clear back. This is my first iPhone in 6 years and I think the back looks much better than the back of the Android phones I owned. I just hope the back of the case is not scratched in a few months.

I got an Otterbox Commuter for my 6s Plus. Then a nice Apple Support person sent me a black Apple leather case for free. I was going to try it on, but can't get the Commuter off! LOL!
Free? How did you mange that?

Free? How did you mange that?
I was having some issues right after getting my new 6s Plus. I couldn't get my Bluetooth headset to pair, and a few other issues. I was looking at having to drive 80 miles to an Apple Store to exchange. She felt sorry for me and offered a choice between the leather case and an iPhone controlled Mercedes Benz. LOL I chose the case.

Have you looked at this Speck case?..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445655963.125337.jpg

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6s Plus