What's new

6s plus picture problem

Bama_FanG

Reaction score
I have a 6s plus and I am new to the IPhone. I have taken several pictures and at first you can see them in the camera roll but once you close out the camera and go to the gallery they are not there. I opened the camera app back up and they are not on the camera roll anymore either. I have tried to google a fix for this problem but couldn't really get an answer, and if this has been discussed please forgive me I didn't know if it mattered what model phone you have, which is why I started this topic. Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. In my photo app it says camera roll and screen shots and the pictures I have taken are not in either one. Also when I do a screen shot it doesn't save either.

Only thing that comes to mind is your photos are being uploaded to the iCloud and you must download them from iCloud back to your phone.

I don't use iCloud for anything, so I'm an idiot when it comes to the cloud, but that's the only place I can think the photos are being saved. Someone else who uses the cloud maybe can chime in on this problem your having.

If they are in iCloud, they're also on the iPhone somewhere - usually.

Reset your iPhone, maybe they'll reappear. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Release both, let the iPhone power up on it's own.

Thanks for the replies, how would I get them from the iCloud and make them stop going to the iCloud. Thanks for the tip on resetting the phone.

When you take photos with your iPhone, the images should be in your iPhone in the first place. From there, they'll sync to iCloud, as soon as you're connected to Wi-Fi and there's enough charge. If everything works right, they don't disappear from your iPhone, but you'll be able to see them on your device and on iCloud.

If you don't want to sync them to iCloud, turn off iCloud Photo Library in Settings - Photos & Camera. If you use PhotoStream, also disable "Upload to My PhotoStream" below.

Before doing so, make sure the images appear on your device again.