What's new

5.1.1 JB Questions! Need help!

bfranke09

Reaction score
5.1.1 jb on my iphone 4s

Okay so first, i lost like my pictures and some other things while jailbreaking, im figuring it has something to do with my backup before the jb going wrong or something?

Second, my songs that i bought from itunes will not play on my phone. Also, my music player itself is saying it playing eminem but its avtually a country song for example lol

And thirdly, i can download some apps from cydia, but when i go to download some, for example the five dock app for home screen, it says internal error?? Any clue?!

Thanks and have a great day

Also for the third question i just got a hash sum mismatch error while trying to download the five dock app

Cause cydia is busy and you need to refresh on(changes). I had the same problem with cydia but it fine now after I refreshed, hope it works for ya..

Sent from iPhone 4s
Tapatalk

If your Music player is not working then you need to restore fresh to 5.1.1. Do not restore from backup.

Also do not use the "Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings option. Don't need to if you restores fresh with no backup. This yields the most stable jailbreak.

Thanks will do all the above when home!

If its already jailbroken on the 5.0.1 version what are the steps to jailbreak it on 5.1.1 ?

If its already jailbroken on the 5.0.1 version what are the steps to jailbreak it on 5.1.1 ?

1. Backup
2. Restore as new phone
3. Active the phone
4. Jailbreak
5. Restore the backup

Good luck

Is there any problem if I just install the 5.1.1 update and the jailbreak it again just like i did on the 5.0,1 ?

Is there any problem if I just install the 5.1.1 update and the jailbreak it again just like i did on the 5.0,1 ?

It is recommended to do a fresh install, I know is more work but it can save you a lot if you had any issues.