What's new

5.0.1 is Live!

Rocko

Reaction score
5.0.1 update is live via iTunes. It did not show up on my 4S as an OTA update. Downloading now.

My battery life has stabilized. I'm kind of skeered to run a new OS......:cool:

i just noticed the ios 5.0.1 update in my itunes but i am also happy with my battery,don't want to cock things up by updatting.what do you think.

Do it. How long are you going to hold out on updates?

air update worked here, though devs advise to stay away from it if you care about jailbreaking but they always seem to say that and there is always a new jailbreak

OTA was only disabled for the first few beta ios 5's. It will always work now and it was working well even on beta 7 of ios 5 so the only reason to not update is if you listen to the devs about jailbreak or you rely on unlock

not showing ota,i'll do it on my laptop tomorrow,and when i've seen how its gone for others.

Is it best to restore after an update like this?

I just updated m'y iPad 1 , the update went smooth as silk and I now have my multitouch gestures back !!
I am now updating my iPhone and couldn't be happier 😃
FYI , I am doing the updates through iTunes ....just to be on the safe side as I'm not 100% confortable using iCloud yet.

May be a dumb question but as a first time iPhone user I gotta ask. I have. 4s on 5.0, how much better was battery on 5.0.1 is it so much that its worth losing JB? Also is there a concern that 5.0.1 wont be jailbroken or is it that it will take alot longer than the 5.0 will take to release for my device? Just trying to get the duckies in a row.

May be a dumb question but as a first time iPhone user I gotta ask. I have. 4s on 5.0, how much better was battery on 5.0.1 is it so much that its worth losing JB? Also is there a concern that 5.0.1 wont be jailbroken or is it that it will take alot longer than the 5.0 will take to release for my device? Just trying to get the duckies in a row.

Maybe others will chime in , I'm not jailbroken .