What's new

Seeking assistance

BOBY

Reaction score
My iphone 3 GS version 4.1(8 B117), firmwaire 06.15.00 when connecting with iTunes aska me to do update to version 5.0.1. I live in Belgium (Europe), a can get this update and still have to unlock iphone to work sim card in Europe?
Thx

if you use pwnage tool to create a custom firmware then use that then you can upgrade to 5.0.1 but stay away from stock .ipsw's (ie restoring/upgrading in itunes)

BOBY said:
My iphone 3 GS version 4.1(8 B117), firmwaire 06.15.00 when connecting with iTunes aska me to do update to version 5.0.1. I live in Belgium (Europe), a can get this update and still have to unlock iphone to work sim card in Europe?
Thx

You can download redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and ios 5.0.1, and create a custom ipsw through redsnow (extras section).

Then you use redsn0w-extras- PWNED DFU to set your device to dfu mode

Then open itunes and hold down shift while you click on restore, and choose the custom ipsw you created in the pop up window.

Once your phone is restored, you run redsn0w-jailbreak and install cydia, and this will jailbreak and hacktivate your phone (activate it without the official carrier's sim card)
When a window pops up, you tick "install cydia" and "install ipad baseband" (because its better to re-flash it). And when the process is done, you go to cydia and install ultrasn0w and should be good to go.

I have a 3G iphone firmware 06.15.00 version 4.1 (8B117) that I received in America and have done work in Belgium.
I want to install version 5.0.1
How should I do

Help me

You could read the post above, or download Sn0wbreeze(Pwnage tool if you have a Mac) and create a custom firmware file. Run Sn0wbreeze(Or Pwnage Tool) and select Preserve BaseBand mode. It'll create custom firmware and place it on your desktop. Download iReb and use it to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Then restore your iPhone with the custom firmware on your desktop.

If you don't understand any of the terms used, Google is your friend.