What's new

4S Scrolling in Settings is a bit Choppy?

Rocko

Reaction score
Is it normal that when scrolling through any of the settings menus-more so with the usage page that has icons-that the scrolling is slightly choppy? I mean slightly as not bad at all, but I got a replacement 4S and don't recall the first one being like this. Both of the 4's in my office are a bit jerky or stutter ever so slightly when scrolling up and down in the settings page. If you flick your finger fast and take it off the items scroll up or down perfectly smooth, with the finger on its rougher so to speak.

That is to be expected in my opinion. Under the "fling" the scrolling is only worried about display refresh. Under the "swipe" the software has to constantly detect your finger location and since it isn't a 1 to 1 pixel adjustment for finger movement, your finger can only get "so close" to smooth.

That is to be expected in my opinion. Under the "fling" the scrolling is only worried about display refresh. Under the "swipe" the software has to constantly detect your finger location and since it isn't a 1 to 1 pixel adjustment for finger movement, your finger can only get "so close" to smooth.

Thanks Skull, that makes sense. Do you see what I am trying to explain? Does your phone do the same? I just don't want to think I was going crazy in not seeing it on my first 4S.

wow, i just realized that, yes a small one time stutter if you keep your finger on to do the scroll.

Went to the apple store and played with 4 different 4S phones. All had the scrolling get choppy with the finger. Tech said he thought it was iOS 5 that caused that.