What's new

4S activation

BrianT

Reaction score
I recently backed up my 4S to my Mac Book Pro with goal of resetting phone to reset & fix a problem with no sound from Music. In the process I was prompted to install latest versions for both my phone and my computer.When I have gone to restart my phone I get a greeting scree showing "Hello". I click on that and am then asked to activate my phone-with the original ID used to set up the phone. It can only be 1 of 2 ID's both of which I have tried with just about every password I have ever used. Have tried changing passwords. To no avail Cannot open phone. HELP!!

That's activation lock. You'll have to come up with the original ID and password, otherwise you have an expensive paperweight - there's no way around it.

If you go to this site and use it with both Apple ID's in turn, you'll be able to reset the passwords for those Apple ID's. You can then try each of them with the new password for each and if one of the two is correct you'll be able to re activate the iPhone. Here's the link. Apple - My Apple ID

If you go to this site and use it with both Apple ID's in turn, you'll be able to reset the passwords for those Apple ID's. You can then try each of them with the new password for each and if one of the two is correct you'll be able to re activate the iPhone. Here's the link. Apple - My Apple ID

I was unaware of that site. How does it work? Can that be used to reset the password on any iOS device?

Edit: Never mind, I see that you have to know the Apple ID that was originally used to set up the device.

I was unaware of that site. How does it work? Can that be used to reset the password on any iOS device?

Edit: Never mind, I see that you have to know the Apple ID that was originally used to set up the device.
Presumably, as long as you convince Apple that you're the original owner of the device.