What's new

Not able to hang up iPhone 4s-16gb on Sprint network

Elcounte

Reaction score
I am having trouble with certain phone no.s I call not allowing me to hang up.
I have tried the hard reset and standard reboot with no success.
I am an iPhone and Apple product newbie, my fault, my next comp is def a Mac book pro!
I love this phone(if you can call it a phone), I just THOUGHT I liked my Blackberry, not even
In the same league as this device! Please help with the issue of hanging up!

Not had this, could be a memory problem.
Do you know that double clicking the home button brings up all your apps in memory ?? Keep your finger on any app and a x will appear, you can then press every one to delete from memory ... You are not deleting the app, just from memory.
Then check you have current software, then turn off and back on...
If that doesn't work, I think an appt with apple genius bar....

i have the same problem intermittently which is combined with not being able to phone people (their end rings but we can't hear each other) along with complete texting failure as well, which means I never can send or receive texts while the fault is operational.

I tried tintbob's suggestion above and although it hangs the phone up it doesn't make the other problems go away.

The only solution I have found so far is to backup to the iCloud, then reset everything and restore back up. This is time consuming and requires good wifi connection. Additionally it doesn't always work and meanwhile I am losing communication and missing people's texts. I love the iphone but this is a huge problem which could mean I return it to Apple and try another smartphone instead.

If anyone knows of a solution it would be great to know!

I rang Apple and it turns out it is a software fault.
Contact them also to log the fault and they will direct you to itunes on a PC/Mac to connect your phone to and restore the phone. This will put the latest bug-fix version (which is still 5.0.1, but a later sub sub sub version of it) on your phone. Make sure to transfer all your apps and downloads onto itunes first, else they will disappear. Also you'll need to download the latest version of itunes before you start.
If even this doesn't work then they'll replace your phone.
Good luck!