What's new

4g+data cap: what's the point

ienmity

Reaction score
So today I was sitting in my car on my iPhone reading about how AT&T is going to start throttling the top five percent of unlimited data plans, in hopes to curve bandwidth usage. The thing is, what do you really want to use "almost" 4G for when it comes out besides what's going to tax the he'll out of your bandwidth. What else would you need that speed for on your phone besides media. It's like a money trap, ooh! ahh! Blazing fast Internet on your phone...but conserve it or we will charge the he'll out of you in overage fees, and if we have to honor your unlimited plan we'll just throttle you down back to the 90s.

ienmity said:
So today I was sitting in my car on my iPhone reading about how AT&T is going to start throttling the top five percent of unlimited data plans, in hopes to curve bandwidth usage. The thing is, what do you really want to use "almost" 4G for when it comes out besides what's going to tax the he'll out of your bandwidth. What else would you need that speed for on your phone besides media. It's like a money trap, ooh! ahh! Blazing fast Internet on your phone...but conserve it or we will charge the he'll out of you in overage fees, and if we have to honor your unlimited plan we'll just throttle you down back to the 90s.

Its all money with these companies. The way I see it, AT&T wants equality. I figure for the people who never got to have the grandpa unlimited plan will be able to at least enjoy the poor service that they offer equally. I'll be throwing my batman costume and putting up a bat light if these rates increases. Hope that makes sense.

iCrank said:
Its all money with these companies. The way I see it, AT&T wants equality. I figure for the people who never got to have the grandpa unlimited plan will be able to at least enjoy the poor service that they offer equally. I'll be throwing my batman costume and putting up a bat light if these rates increases. Hope that makes sense.

+1. All of these data hungry apps, and faster data technology has come into play so what do you do?

A) keep your unlimited plans and reward your customers with all of this new tech so they can use it worry free.

B) capitalize on this opportunity and slash the data limits to almost useless amounts so you can get a taste of these wonderful technologies and then when you go over your limit BAM! slam the customer with overage charges and make your wallets fatter.

We all know what path these carriers took. It's sad but that sums it up.

darkstar2007 said:
+1. All of these data hungry apps, and faster data technology has come into play so what do you do?

A) keep your unlimited plans and reward your customers with all of this new tech so they can use it worry free.

B) capitalize on this opportunity and slash the data limits to almost useless amounts so you can get a taste of these wonderful technologies and then when you go over your limit BAM! slam the customer with overage charges and make your wallets fatter.

We all know what path these carriers took. It's sad but that sums it up.

"What is B? B) capitalize on this opportunity and slash the data limits to almost useless amounts so you can get a taste of these wonderful technologies and then when you go over your limit BAM! slam the customer with overage charges and make your wallets fatter."
Oh how I loved jeopardy as a child.

Last edited:
iCrank said:
"What is B? B) capitalize on this opportunity and slash the data limits to almost useless amounts so you can get a taste of these wonderful technologies and then when you go over your limit BAM! slam the customer with overage charges and make your wallets fatter."
Oh how I love jeopardy as a child.

Lol. Didn't even think of that. Nice!