What's new

4.3 update

So with the whole new wifi personal hot spot thing, say if im at work and check off personal hotspot for some internet does tht use my data quick? I only got a 1g plan

Ok, don't upgrade to 4.3 just yet. I did and now I am having issues where the phone is using data when it shouldn't have. I am calling iPhone tech support tonite to figure this out and I will post the result of my call.

I talked to the manager of the iPhone technical support, I explained to him everything, he ran some tests and he said that he will submit this info to the engineering department. he said that it was weird, and it shouldn't be happening. So if I were you i would not do an update just yet

Last edited:
There's a windows version of pawnage now called snowbreeze...

What the heck is pawnage and snowbreeze? I think if I do ever decide to jailbreak my phone I better hire someone to do it. I'll break it. I have time to wait since we won't have 3G for a while and I don't mind waiting at all. I would be a total wreck if I had to try to do this now. Do they make a "push this button to jailbreak your phone" or "get this app to jailbreak your phone today!!" That sounds like a plan to me.

Jailbreaking is easy. Most jailbreaks all you do is get your phone into what's called DFU mode. Its a simple case of holding buttons for a set amout of time. Then all you do is press jailbreak and wait a minute or two.

Pawnage allows you to create custom versions of apples iOS (like windows for PC). It's many used by unlockers. Snowbreeze is a similar thing for windows...

I talked to the manager of the iPhone technical support, I explained to him everything, he ran some tests and he said that he will submit this info to the engineering department. he said that it was weird, and it shouldn't be happening. So if I were you i would not do an update just yet

I have thought about jailbreaking my phone but I have heard about way to many people having problems with their phones after they do that even if they restore it later. I don't know that I'm willing to mess up my phone permanently. But it does sound VERY inviting.
I did like you said and I am using 4.3. Thank you very much for the info.

Jennie, I've taken my iP4 through two jailbreaks and have not had a single problem. All I currently use the jailbreak for is for the above mention Mywi.

We are very much like your situation. Rural, not DSL. We do have Hughesnet satellite broadband and a limit of about 300 MG a day. With Mywi, I can tether my laptop to my iP4, unlimited data plan, and burn up data all day long. And my wife can use her iPhone 3G off of my iP4 hotspot.

One time charge of $20 for the app.

Ok I would be sold but I just read where AT&T can tell if you're using mywi. Sending emails out telling people they either sign up or automatically going to be set up for and be charged for their hot spot plan. What now? Should I still take a chance?

Jennie, I've never heard that at all. I have been using MyWi for many months with no such notice from ATT.