What's new

couple quick questions.

stayhigh

Reaction score
Just got my iphone 4 yesterday. It's the first smartphone i have ever owned so i dont know much about it. I only have the 15$ data plan. I know it cost money to go on the internet with the iphone 4 but if im connected to wifi does it still cost money? Also does itunes, and the app store cost money to be on to?

did you really only wait 10 minutes before getting snippy for an answer?

WIFI is not using your carriers data plan so when on WiFi you can do all your downloading etc

when on 3G or E your are using data towards your plan, this includes app store and itunes, safari

did you really only wait 10 minutes before getting snippy for an answer?

WIFI is not using your carriers data plan so when on WiFi you can do all your downloading etc

when on 3G or E your are using data towards your plan, this includes app store and itunes, safari

LoL...

Welcome to the iPhone 4. You get 250 megabytes of data for the $15. Casual music streaming with apps like pandora and browsing the internet should be fine on that plan. Don't expect to stream video very much or you absolutely will go over on your data.

I use mine mostly for music streaming at work and casual web browsing and I've used 1833 MB in 18 days of my billing cycle. You may want to consider or stay on wifi as much as possible. I don't use wifi much.

yeah i mean if you go over you gotta pay an extra 10 bucks might as well just go for the 2GB data plan, music streaming is fine like how everyone said, but continuous youtube playback will kill your data

I have the $15/mo data plan for my two iPhones and it's fine. However, we have wi-fi at home (meaning, we use our wireless Internet account to feed our iPhones), so we don't incur any charges against our monthly data plan. But when we're outside the home we use a minimum amount of data just for minor email checking, weather updates, etc. This doesn't use a lot of data. If you wish to download apps or do heavy web surfing outside your wi-fi area, find a wi-fi hotspot and go for it. I convinced my Best Buy store to hook me up with their private wi-fi and I use it often for heavy app downloads.
But always remember, when you're not using your phone, you MUST disable all your running applications!! If not, they "might" pull 3G data even if you're not using the phone! And finally, to be absolutely safe, turn off your 3G and "cellular data" options in "Settings" when not using your iPhone. If you follow all these comments, you'll never go over your data plan limits!