What's new

4.3 update

J-nine4

Reaction score
So with the whole new wifi personal hot spot thing, say if im at work and check off personal hotspot for some internet does tht use my data quick? I only got a 1g plan

You only have a 1gb plan!? I'd wouldn't use it then. Depending on what you're doing surfing the internet, every page you bring up uses internet. If you keep AIM up, or it checks for windows updates, thing like that that run in the background, that's racking up data. Just be careful I guess.

I live in a rural area and can not get DSL. I have an iPhone 4, my husband has a 3GS and my daughter has an iPod touch 4th generation. I have REALLY been looking forward to the hotspot thing to start so we wouldn't have use the satellite for high speed Internet b/c we're limited on our usage. I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4. Guess what I just learned? I have to change my data plan to a $25.00 a month one and then subscribe to the $20.00 hotspot plan. We can't win for losing. I'm really not liking AT&T right now.
I do have a question. I just ran the 4.3 last night and b/c we don't have 3G in our area right know is that going to keep the personnel hotspot to show up in settings? It doesn't but when I connected my phone to my computer again it said it was up to date with 4.3. HELP !!

What you ought to do is jailbreak your iphone and purchase through cydia a program called "mywi 4.0". This program is 20$ upfront, but if you have an unlimited data plan from your carrier, you can use this. It's a personal hotspot, but better! And you only pay once, so it's less than a monthly payment on your carrier. As far as it showing up, look into Settings>General>About and scroll down to the bottom and see if you're really on 4.3. I'm stuck on verizon's 4.2.6 right now so i can't really give you a definitive answer :-\.

I have thought about jailbreaking my phone but I have heard about way to many people having problems with their phones after they do that even if they restore it later. I don't know that I'm willing to mess up my phone permanently. But it does sound VERY inviting.
I did like you said and I am using 4.3. Thank you very much for the info.

I have thought about jailbreaking my phone but I have heard about way to many people having problems with their phones after they do that even if they restore it later. I don't know that I'm willing to mess up my phone permanently. But it does sound VERY inviting.
I did like you said and I am using 4.3. Thank you very much for the info.

Jailbreaking my phone made it 1000% better and have never had a problem with it,The things you can do with it after JB are unlimited,I cant imagine keeping it un Jailbreaked,that would be like restricting it to 10 or 20% of what the phone is capable of doing. just my 2 cents though.

I've had jailbroken devices for almost 3 years now, and never had one issue with it.

What you ought to do is jailbreak your iphone and purchase through cydia a program called "mywi 4.0". This program is 20$ upfront, but if you have an unlimited data plan from your carrier, you can use this. It's a personal hotspot, but better! And you only pay once, so it's less than a monthly payment on your carrier. As far as it showing up, look into Settings>General>About and scroll down to the bottom and see if you're really on 4.3. I'm stuck on verizon's 4.2.6 right now so i can't really give you a definitive answer :-\.

Can you run more than one device using "mywi"? Can I even jailbreak mine since I have 4.3?

I doubt you can jailbreak 4.3 yet. But I was skeptic about jailbreaking but I jailbroke my phone just to use my data plan for tethering and I haven't been happier. I haven't updated to 4.3 yet but the minute theres a jailbreak for it I will.

No 4.3 jailbreak yet. You can tether more than one device using mywi. I'm unsure exactly how many but believe it's at least 5...

No 4.3 jailbreak yet. You can tether more than one device using mywi. I'm unsure exactly how many but believe it's at least 5...

Does he mywi have to have 3G to work? It will still be a few months before we actually have 3G.

Yes, wywi uses your 3g connection and converts it to wireless just like a router does for your home wireless network.

Does he mywi have to have 3G to work? It will still be a few months before we actually have 3G.

It has to have some sort of Internet connection. I don't think I has to be 3G but it would be quite slow with anything less...

Since I know NOTHING about jailbreaking how do I find out when there is a jailbreak for 4.3? An is this REALLY safe?

Since I know NOTHING about jailbreaking how do I find out when there is a jailbreak for 4.3? An is this REALLY safe?
I forgot 4.3 isnt out yet. Well, there's pwnage tool, but if you aren't on a mac youre SOL. Jailbreaking is safe. I've been jailbroken for almost 3 years now with no issues.