What's new

4.3 Out, Hold off. Do NOT upgrade yet

osso12

Reaction score
From Cydia:

"IOS 4.3 Is out. This is mainly to support Ipad2. It adds a couple small features such as SMS reminder on incoming DMD messages, personal hotspot, and ITunes home sharing. Nothing big.

As Always, I give my standard warning not to update and wait for the jailbreak release. This time, I am giving some extra caution, however.

At time of this writing, there is no official jailbreak out yet. In addition, none of the new features are worth trading away your jailbreak, The first jailbreaks are likely to be tethered. So make sure you wait for an official update. I'll definalty announce when these are ready.

In addition, with 4.3 comes apple's implementation of address space layout randomization (ASLR). In short, this will mess up the way mobile substrate works. You will need a new mobile substrate in order to use your favorite tweaks such as winterboard, absettings, bitesms, folder enhancer, etc. So you should definitely avoid 4.3 until an "official" jailbreak is released for it."

Moderators, please make this a sticky for us until there is a official jailbreak for 4.3.
Regards,

Cool was going to wait anyway. I messed up with 4.2.1 and updated right away and was kicking myself.

All jailbreakers should know not to update when iTunes says so. If your worried incase a restore is needed I suggest you all back up your SHSH's via the make my life easier button in cydia or by using tinyumbrella...

All jailbreakers should know not to update when iTunes says so. If your worried incase a restore is needed I suggest you all back up your SHSH's via the make my life easier button in cydia or by using tinyumbrella...

I should do that tbh. How do you recall shsh via cydia tho? I have hit the button but I wouldn't know what to do if I needed it. I guess google the fine fellow will let me know.

As long as they are saved you don't need to worry about it until the time comes. I've posted it a few times on how to do it already but if you need help give me a shout...

For the most part jailbreakers wont...but there will be some that ask...or you will have the new jailbreakers that come in and already updated to 4.3 then ask why they can't jailbreak so on and so on..its a never ending cycle.

Unfortunately it is a never ending cycle as well as with unlockers. Most of the time there is a READ ME file in with the jailbreak download but no one ever reads it...

hmmph guess i should learn more about this.. seen the update and thought ha i did it once i can re do it again .... mistake .... learned from that one .. learn to wait before updating or atleast read first