What's new

3gs restore advice

simonjohn

Reaction score
hi all,
having downgraded from 06.15 baseband to 05.13.04 with version 5.1.1 i still can get no service. Am contemplating a restore to try and fix this issue. a) is this wise? will i loose the unlock? and if so is this a massive problem. Not really bothered about jailbreak just want a phone that works. thinking if i start with a clean sheet etc,etc.
Advice is very welcome.

hi all,
having downgraded from 06.15 baseband to 05.13.04 with version 5.1.1 i still can get no service. Am contemplating a restore to try and fix this issue. a) is this wise? will i loose the unlock? and if so is this a massive problem. Not really bothered about jailbreak just want a phone that works. thinking if i start with a clean sheet etc,etc.
Advice is very welcome.
Have you tried disabling 3G in your network settings? Go to settings>general>network>3G>disable. That will revert you to the EDGE network. Better phone reception, also better battery life

hi all,
Advice is very welcome.

As long as you have the blobs to restore or re-restore, you can repeat the process however many times you want. You'll lose the unlock because it's only a soft unlock. You'll just have to unlock it again after you've wiped your devce.

how do i now i have the blobs and then how do u save.

thanks will give that a go and maybe a new sim.

Make sure you're running it as Admin and XP compatibility. Connect the device and click save SHSH. Go to logs and it should show you a crap ton of lines. See if anything there says something like "Cydia HAS 5.X.X" or something like that. There's no effect on the device. When you click save SHSH, the bottom of the screen that has the button will have a green bar. Then there's the general tab which is blank when you first start TU. The only way that you can get them is if you have Cydia and ran it once, which you would've if you've unlocked on 05.13.04 with ultrasn0w from Cydia. If you're on 5.1.1 now, it will come up as one of the logs under the GENERAL tab. If your device isn't recognized, then manually enter the ECID into the initial screen of TU in the middle area with all the fields.

thats what im thinking of, how will i know who its locked to?