What's new

3gs resprings when updatin apps

t21stsgt

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having this issue since upgrading to 5.0.1
iPhone 3GS
Jailbroken with Redsn0w (newest version)
Unlocked with ultrasn0w
BB 05.13.04

When I select "update" for apps through the app store or when I sync apps with iTunes, my phone automatically resprings to "safe mode". It continues to do this if I press the "ok" button. If I stay in "safe mode" I can complete the update, then restart out of "safe mode" and all is well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T2

Does that require a full new jailbreak and unlock? If not, how do I restore the firmware? Sorry if these are newbie questions, but this was my first jailbreak.

begore you restore, try uninstalling apps from Cydia, preferably, in the reversed order than you installed them: the last to have been installed would be the first to go away. and see what causes Mobile Substrate to call a Safe Mode respring

This happened to me. Every time I click the "Update" in App Store in my JB 4S, the device re-springs and goes into Safe Mode. To figure this out, I started to remove my installed Cydia tweaks, 5 at a time to narrow my selection and then try again with App Store until I found the tweak which causes this problem, it was "Five Icon Folder"! I restored all my deleted tweaks from a backup I already made (with Pkgbackup) and then removed "Five Icon Folder" alone, everything was back to normal and the problem never came back. So, try to remove this tweak first and see if it will solve your problem as it did for me. Good Luck.