What's new

3GS battery poor+ 3GB of "other" data after update to 5.0.1

alaskan007

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm new here, but searched thoroughly before posting as recommended. I recently updated my wife's 8GB 3Gs to IOS 5.0.1 and the battery performance dropped off tremendously. I actually figured it was the battery since I'm running the same setup with no problems at all. I replaced the battery and there was no change. After restoring the phone several times (and restoring to the backup) I noticed that I had over 3GB of "other" data on the phone. I got frustrated and just set the phone up as a new phone. Miraculously the battery is working great. So I went back in and restored it to it's backup point, and the "other" data is back now. I'm guessing I have some kind of problem with the backup point? I'd be happy to just set it up as a new phone, and manually re-enter the email accounts and apps, but I don't know how to get the contacts back onto the phone without all the other junk. Any ideas on what's going on here? Does anyone know how I can just add the contacts back? I am running Itunes on Windows 7. Thanks.

When I have to choose the restore point I do not have any options like that. Once the phone is restored I'll basically pull everything else off as you suggest and see if it works. I think that's what your getting at. Thanks.

Does anyone know what this mysterious "other" data is? I found something similar on another thread but can't find it now.

Last edited: