What's new

3g iphone dead

miltownman

Reaction score
hey guys,iv been given an iphone 3g belonging to my sister,she had it jailbreaked and a few weeks ago it just died,at the time it just showed the connect to itunes screen,so wen i connected to i tunes and tried to restore it wudn restore,said sumtin like error 1611,iv read around the net and was advised about holding power and home buttons and etc,but none of that worked,so a week passed and i got a wall charger to see wud it boost it but no gud,so now all im getting is the apple icon for a few secs,then just goes back to the battery charge screen wer the battery is in the red constantly,,i wud really appreciate any advice as im beginning to think im beat,PLEASE,
thanks miltownman

Holding the Home & Lock buttons for 10sec. will put the iPhone into DFU mode. Once it's there... then connect to iTunes and attempt to restore. Or if there's nothing to restore to... you may have to set it up as a "New iPhone."

iv tried restoring,numerous times,it just said cannot restore error 1611,but now itunes wont even detect the device,iv tried that,umbrella to kick out of recovery mode but that wont even detect the device,id be more than happy to sewt it up again as new device if it wud fix it,any ideas how 1 wud go about that,,thanks forthe help thus far guys

id be more than happy to sewt it up again as new device if it wud fix it,any ideas how 1 wud go about that,,thanks forthe help thus far guys
At the begining of the restore/setup process iTunes will pop up a box that give you the options of Restoring to a previous backup or setting up as a New Phone. I can't recall exactly what the options say... but that's the gist of it. iTunes will handle the rest...

At the begining of the restore/setup process iTunes will pop up a box that give you the options of Restoring to a previous backup or setting up as a New Phone. I can't recall exactly what the options say... but that's the gist of it. iTunes will handle the rest...

but will it not need to detect the device first b4 i get the option of restore

ya,at the begining it did but not now for sum reason,i read sum wer if da battery got too low it wudn be powerful enough to do neting and wud need to be charged via wall socket outlet,got 1 left it charge for 2 days and nothing,ROCK/HARDPLACE

ya,at the begining it did but not now for sum reason,i read sum wer if da battery got too low it wudn be powerful enough to do neting and wud need to be charged via wall socket outlet,got 1 left it charge for 2 days and nothing,ROCK/HARDPLACE
Did some Google searching and ended up on Apple's website. Went through a couple of their support pages and came across this link. I didn't read much into it, but hopefully it'll have some useful info for ya.iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

cheers for that mate,alot of reading in that,said sumtn bout reconfig computer starttup in MSCONFG,wat ever dat is,il give it a shot wen i get an hour free,il be sure to let you know if it worked ,laters

after reading tru the apple trouble shoot link kindly left bt thomasjtsi im starting to think dat all the resolution steps are based upon the computer in which the device was jailbreaked/updated from,obviously i dont have that computer,surely ders a way to get into the brain of this thing and restore or install new software,,

Since its the 3G, you wouldn't be able to accomplish much due to it almost "ancient hardware". But still, best of luck!

Have you tried on any other PC to see if its recognized? What you see on screen now, just black? Have you tried to put to dfu and still is not recognized?Normally a redtore from pwaned dfu with a custom restore file should fix it if is not a hardware problem. Let me know if it worked, if not if you want I can do it online for you, just send me a PM

ya mate noting on screen with lead out,with lead connected apple icon comes on for a few secs den straight to battery charging screen and dats da lot,wont do neting else,,,il pm u der and maybe u mite be able to help,thanks again guys,apreciate v much

yes I think I can help you online, unfortunately since I do not have 5 post yet I cant send a PM yet (did not see that coming) , so please send me another PM with another way to contact you