What's new

14 days guarantee counting down

kenny1999

Reaction score
Only after purchase I know that my IPhone 4S would have 14 day exchange guarantee, if I find any problems. I didn't pay too much attention and the staff wasn't very nice and helpful when she knew that I was a newbie. Now, I still have the chance. I would like to know what I have to check very carefully about the machine. One of my puzzlement is about how to get the full screen or if there are any Apps to assist me checking dead pixels, yellow lines / splotches etc. Thank you very much.

I saw Skull mention something about how to check for dead pixels. There may indeed be something out there for that but I say whats wrong with using your eyes? If you don't see a problem in the display I feel there is no problem in the display.

I've had touch screen phones for the last 4 years, a few of them, and I've never seen a dead pixel. I know you want your money's worth but the main question is "Are you enjoying the phone?"

Here's something else to think about. If you do turn it in don't expect to get a new one right out of the box. Chances are you will get a refurb. And that doesn't mean you are getting a bad phone, it's just the way it is.

Now if you turn it in during the 14 days for another phone you probably will get a new one out of the box.

hi in addition to dead pixels what do I have to take care of? but why do we still have to check the dead pixel for a computer slim monitor when we buy it? Is that they are different in technology behind?

OK well, What any other things I do have to check?

I think it is my right. Isn't it? While they didn't assist me much about that.

You can probably check those manually. Download one of those screen flashlights (not the LED flashlight for the back camera) and keep changing the colors until you see a problem. You can probably trigger any of the above mentioned using different colors on your screen. New devices never have these problems. The only problems new device have that you can immediately point out would possibly be service/connectivity issues and iOS bugs. Open up to Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage. See if there's anything that's listed called "panic.plist". If there is, then that means that you have a fatal internal software or hardware issue. Lowmemory is a common line, nothing to fret since it's just your iPhone flushing out its cache for new data to be temp stored.