What's new

100% my Iphone is hacked... but how?

Then it is not jailbroken, I already assumed it wasn't. Thus the puzzle --- absolutely weird... and btw --- I have looked at my iphone with a backup program, the thread is GONE --- I wouldn't be here if I deleted it.

Backup through iTunes, not with a third party backup program. Also, consider buying a Mac, they're much more secure.

Well, I did not delete them. Yet my iphone is not jailbroken, and they disappeared on a critical night of pressure. This is why I'm here....... what the hell is this.... NSA?

You're gonna leave it at that huh, assume I don't have enough tech knowledge or am insane and misrepresenting the event. Believe me --- SOMETHING WEIRD is going on, and I cannot understand how it's possible either.

If your iPhone was not jailbroken then those messages were not remotely deleted by anyone.

Recently I have a friend who was flirting with someone on WhatsApp. He showed us profle pics of this WhatsApp user and he wondered off somewhere as he wanted privacy from us. He came back about an hour or so later rushed and looking pale as if he’s seen a ghost.

He then began to explain how he had been catfished by someone who had not only catfished but that they would access their mobiles address book / contact list if he didn’t pay [emoji383] within a few hours and began to say that they will be sending incriminating photos of him and his conversation to everyone on his contact list (including his wife)and sent a sample to all of them that he showed me.

Now this is all on IPhone 6 Plus and it had the latest software.

Cut long story short he had call his network provider and disconnected his number and had to get a new number and phone.

Then that was done through an app as you stated in your post. To the poster, leave the meth alone man, it’s bad stuff!! You are a wee bit paranoid man. Makes me think you are the one trying to catfish one of us??! You came here and asked for help and when you didn’t get an answer that you liked, you then get either paranoid or mad, and take it out on the ones trying to help you. That is not a good way to do things. Also makes me wonder why the heck you have come to a pretty well “public” type forum such as this, to ask questions that no one but you has the answer to. If you feel your life is being threatened, you need to see help from a trusted law enforcement agency or agent. From the sound of it, you have either,
A. Snitched on someone and they know.
B. You are a witness to a crime and you are now being targeted?? By who and how, again, like said above, swipe the phone and get a new number, or start using BURNER phones!!! If you were half smart you would be doing this and not keeping the same phone, SIM card, and phone number associated with you.
In the end, IMO, you need yo seek help from someone as you are either paranoid from drugs, or you are paranoid due to being an informant or something similar. These are JMHO’s. Hope you get some REAL help man. Sounds like you truly need it. And I don’t mean about your phone man. Good luck with your life as it sounds like you have gone down the wrong path and now are trying to backup the on ramp of life. You have to face your demons at some point man. Be it now or later. Again, I hope you get the needed help you are trying to get. But to come to this forum, ask a question, and then not like the answers you get, and want to argue about it, makes it appear you are the one TROLLING here.
Rant or whatever that was is over. Good day and Good Luck with life!!!

No, no trolling --- I'm purely trying to figure out this technological issue... it's easy to write it off as paranoia, and I admit that I replied with some frustration in the thread ---- its a frustrating situation. I could get a new phone, a new number, but the real peace of mind would come from understanding the technique being employed. I have heard before that, there is darknet software that can access a non-jailbroken phone with just a phone number. ---- Listen, all apologies if you think I am hear to cause drama or whatever, ---- I am NOT, and btw --- 5 years clean and sober. Just trying to figure out how to go on like a normal person, with privacy... it's not like we can live without our phones, no?

Reactions: 933
If a phone is jailbroken, it cannot download official updates, correct?

Recently I have a friend who was flirting with someone on WhatsApp. He showed us profle pics of this WhatsApp user and he wondered off somewhere as he wanted privacy from us. He came back about an hour or so later rushed and looking pale as if he’s seen a ghost.

He then began to explain how he had been catfished by someone who had not only catfished but that they would access their mobiles address book / contact list if he didn’t pay [emoji383] within a few hours and began to say that they will be sending incriminating photos of him and his conversation to everyone on his contact list (including his wife)and sent a sample to all of them that he showed me.

Now this is all on IPhone 6 Plus and it had the latest software.

Cut long story short he had call his network provider and disconnected his number and had to get a new number and phone.

I did have contact with the problem person (the one who removed the SMS thread) --- but the thread was deleted AFTER I uninstalled WhatsApp.........

If a phone is jailbroken, it cannot download official updates, correct?
You cannot download and install iOS updates on a jail broken iOS device and maintain the jailbreak. Updating a jail broken iPhone, which has to be done through iTunes on a computer, will remove the jailbreak and install the most recent iOS version.

I did have contact with the problem person (the one who removed the SMS thread) --- but the thread was deleted AFTER I uninstalled WhatsApp.........

I've been hearing of odd things happening related to WhatsApp. Some see photos in their camera roll that's not theirs and etc.