What's new

Using Your iPhone at the gym...call disable?

You can put your phone into airplane mode, then turn only wifi on (in settings). Then you have data but no cell connection. (that works of you're jailbroken or non-jailbroken)

Since iMessage now uses wifi, you may still get those messages... And you'll still get email or other push alerts like Facebook.

You can put your phone into airplane mode, then turn only wifi on (in settings). Then you have data but no cell connection. (that works of you're jailbroken or non-jailbroken)

Since iMessage now uses wifi, you may still get those messages... And you'll still get email or other push alerts like Facebook.
Sweet, so even if I am in airline mode, I can still manually connect to wifi, but not be bothered with phone calls?

Or I can do this
You go to settings, then phone, then forwarding, then divert to your voicemail box... Invest in a neoprene arm band and you safe from sweat and calls! A low tech but worthwhile solution. Works for me.. Any one who wants my attention whilst at the gym will leave a message. I'll return the call within the hour!!!
All the same?

yes you can manually connect to wifi with the radio off so no phone calls. if there is wifi there then this is the way to go. the forwarding calls can become a hassle after times.