What's new

Using Your iPhone at the gym...call disable?

throgs

Reaction score
I want to use my iPhone to train at the gym.
Problem is, I do not feel like being interrupted midway through squats with a text or phone call.

Is there anyway to set the iPhone so that if at the gym, you just can play music through pandora or iTunes library and all calls, texts, alerts will be disabled so you are not interrupted?

You can just put your device in Airplane mode. Airplane mode will cut off your cellular connection, so nobody can call or text you until you cut it off.

doesnt airplane mode also turn of the internet? the OP stated he wanted to use pandora. what i do is that since my iphone is JB i installed sbsettings and thru sbsettings i am able to turn airplane mode on but still activate internet/wifi.
there are other ways around it if you have a JB iphone. but if you dont need pandora then do what darkstar said and simply put it in airplane mode

Well he said "or iTunes library". I assumed he wasn't jailbroken so I stated the only other option I could think of. Lol. 8)

Thanks...so there is no way I can be in airline mode AND access pandora if not JB?

Airplane mode turns off all communication radios in the phone. This mean, simply, you cannot use pandora. Turn off the ringers in Sounds or just dont answer if you HAVE to have pandora.

but the OP doesnt want to get calls at all. even if he turns the ringer off the music will stop playing and he will know somebody is calling.

You can put the phone in airplane mode, and then turn wifi on... So if there is a wifi connection at your gym, you could access pandora during your uninterrupted workout.

I don't use the gym but i have to have my phone on overnight.

to stop the wife being disturbed i have mail set to manual, and the ringer volume right down. This leaves vibrate working for calls, which could be turned off.

Or you can divert your phone calls directly to voicemail whilst at the gym or whilst sleeping. That way you can use the Internet for pandora etc

Or you can divert your phone calls directly to voicemail whilst at the gym or whilst sleeping. That way you can use the Internet for pandora etc

How do you do this? Is there a setting to send all calls directly to voicemail?

throgs said:
Thanks...so there is no way I can be in airline mode AND access pandora if not JB?

Yes there is a way, without jail breaking. Put your phone in airplane mode, it will shut off wifi, you have to go back in and reconnect wifi. Now phone is off, with wifi connection.

I try not use my iphone at the gym because then it ends up full of sweat, it might be worth investing in an ipod touch, even an old one just so you can be online and access pandora

Priest said:
How do you do this? Is there a setting to send all calls directly to voicemail?

You go to settings, then phone, then forwarding, then divert to your voicemail box... Invest in a neoprene arm band and you safe from sweat and calls! A low tech but worthwhile solution. Works for me.. Any one who wants my attention whilst at the gym will leave a message. I'll return the call within the hour!!!