Tiny Umbrella Host File Hepl Needed

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Silversting80, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Silversting80

Silversting80 New Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Question..... How do you edit your host file???

I installed tinyumbrella, to my surprise tinyumbrella was able to locate my SHSH 4.2.8 from Cydia. But when I performed the procedure I did not get the results I was hoping for... At this point my phone was now stuck in "recovery mode"... I tried many times to just restore through iTunes but nothing happened. Just an iTunes sign and a cable pointing to it. I also spent 6+ hours on the phone with apples top technical advisor trying to find out why I couldn't even do a simple restore. Eventually I was able to get my phone to restore but I had to do it from someone else's computer. After my iPhone was restored i was able to sinc and reinstall all apps and contacts.....

For a while I was thinking I had done something wrong... So I gave it another shot... And again.. And again.. etc.. Each time with the same results... Needing to recover from a different PC...

I later spent many days pounding my head agents a wall.. And to find that in my /etc/ section there was 2 host files. 1 was from apple and the other from tinyumbrella. Both files were identical. I relocated the one from apple and then was able to get my phone to restore w/iTunes.... I am now just running a tethered JB on 4.2.10.. But this jailbreak has me always watching my phone..

Please help.. Thanx