What's new

3194 error, hosts, tiny umbrella Cannot fix!!

im sorry i dont understand what ive said to break the posting rules?

ok im pulling my hair out.

i have restarted my pc.
my hosts file is almost identical to yours (it has those two bottom lines like you do word for word)
i open tinyumbrella after deleting hosts.umbrella
i start my tss server (only bottom two boxes are checked in advanced tab)
ive got my phone in dfu mode via iREB R5 (and tried with out iREB)
closing and opening itunes almost everytime AND STILL 2005 message

please what am i doing wrong?

jadefox said:

i have restarted my pc.
my hosts file is almost identical to yours (it has those two bottom lines like you do word for word)

You should try to get your phone into recovery mode.

Try this:

Open itunes and connect your phone to pc,

Then press and hold both home/power buttons until screen goes black

Then release power button and keep holding home button for 20 seconds

That will put iphone in recovery mode to be restored

Tired the steps youve said, in the exact order, with varying methods of tinyumbrella thrown in but i keep getting 2005 messages and when i get passed those i get back to the 1604 where i have tried every USB port and restart countless times.

any thing im missing here?

jadefox said:

i have restarted my pc.

You need to have everything check on tiny umbrella try that

jadefox said:
Tired the steps youve said, in the exact order, with varying methods of tinyumbrella thrown in but i keep getting 2005 messages and when i get passed those i get back to the 1604 where i have tried every USB port and restart countless times.

any thing im missing here?

The only thing i can think of is maybe you havent saved your blobs right and cant restore to 4.3

You need to have everything check on tiny umbrella try that

I have tried everything checked other than baseband on many different usb ports with unofficial and official cables, always 1604 :/

The only thing i can think of is maybe you havent saved your blobs right and cant restore to 4.3

after redsnow crashing multiple times (set compatibility to win xp!) and a phone i couldn't get out of recovery mode i finally got a confirmation that "cydia server accepted 16 blobs pulled from this device" success!!

any other ideas? been messing a while but still getting 1604 errors despite massive amount of attempt at different things, gonna try reinstalling usb drivers :/

jadefox said:
I have tried everything checked other than baseband on many different usb ports with unofficial and official cables, always 1604 :/

after redsnow crashing multiple times (set compatibility to win xp!) and a phone i couldn't get out of recovery mode i finally got a confirmation that "cydia server accepted 16 blobs pulled from this device" success!!

any other ideas? been messing a while but still getting 1604 errors despite massive amount of attempt at different things, gonna try reinstalling usb drivers :/

Is it in recovery mode now?

no i managed to get it out now :) still guessing for the answer tho :(

Im really trying not to go to ios 5 anytime soon, ive seen my friends battery life and its shocking to say the least, i would not be happy at all to go with ios 5.

im trying to restore 4.3.1 still as its currently what im on

jadefox said:
Im really trying not to go to ios 5 anytime soon, ive seen my friends battery life and its shocking to say the least, i would not be happy at all to go with ios 5.

im trying to restore 4.3.1 still as its currently what im on

You should go. The features are great and sont worry too much about battery life, there are things to do to preserve it.
Besides, even I dont nag about it and i have a heavily used 4s. I enjoy the hell out of it and just charge it more until the fix comes out (new ios update).

Shame to stick to the past and miss out on icloud, imessage and the glorious notification center.

i see where your coming from but after seeing my friends battery go from 100% to just 40% in about 4 hours its pretty abysmal, something i dont think new features can mask a problem of this size, i think if i updated i would hate my phone soo much i would definitely join the android bandwagon, i appreciate you are trying to help me but i just really really dont want ios till all battery bugs are fixed.

ive reinstalled my usb drivers but still 1604, what a terrible year that must have been :/

jadefox said:
i see where your coming from but after seeing my friends battery go from 100% to just 40% in about 4 hours its pretty abysmal, something i dont think new features can mask a problem of this size, i think if i updated i would hate my phone soo much i would definitely join the android bandwagon, i appreciate you are trying to help me but i just really really dont want ios till all battery bugs are fixed.

ive reinstalled my usb drivers but still 1604, what a terrible year that must have been :/

There are a lot of settings that one can adjust to maintain battery.

I have done a lot of things to my phone and am getting through the day with heavy usage and charge every night.

People seem to forget two main things
1. Its a smartphone, not a Nokia 6110 of the year 1998. It does a million things and it does eat up battery, the more features it has the more battery drain.

2. Its meant for us to enjoy and why miss out on the new and great features just because you are going to have to charge it a bit more often? Its a shame.

jadefox said:

I have 5.0.1 and to be honest it doesn't drain my battery as much as your saying it does to your friend, mine last from 100% to maybe 40% at 8:00pm

i have a feeling my friend is one of those unlucky folks who have been hit with the ios 5 battery bugs, he get in to work at bout 8.30ish, by midday hes lucky to be at 50%, everything other than 3g is off, icloud is off, hes soo paranoid of battery life his screen brightness is set to minimum and doesn't even listen to music off it (uses ipod). i do realise these are smart phone but when mine is at 85% battery after heavy internet use and gaming and his is 60% after two texts i kinda cringe (im seriously not exaggerating!)

isee where you guys are coming from but i dont wanna risk it, it things like this that turn me away from brands.

anyways im trying a different computer now, still no luck, same old 1604 messages, ive found a guide that reckons 2005 error is where you wanna be at, but instead use itune 10.4.1

wish me luck