What's new

The "Anything Goes " Thread.

Cops take the bus.

If you are in Montreal and you see a bus apparently being chased by a dozen police cars don't pull your phone out to take a photograph. You will likely end up with a ticket.

Police hop on a bus to spot sneaky texters
I just read that a few minutes ago. It's sneaky but effective.
What a lot of people don't realize though, is that using hands free devices while driving is just as dangerous as using hand held devices.

IMG_1494.JPG

My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. — Steve Jobs, died 5 years ago today.

My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. — Steve Jobs, died 5 years ago today.
Can't believe its five years already.

Interesting. Seems my telco has upset customers with a political tweet. Now customers are threatening to leave for greener pastures. (Pun intentional)

Wonder if they'll come up with any deals to persuade customers to stay?

Customers threaten to leave Telus after it tweets support for price on carbon
The biggest problem with carbon taxes and any other methods of reducing carbon emissions is that they'll have little effect as long as the countries that pollute the most don't join in, such as China.

Also, the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere is currently around the lowest it's been in the history of life on Earth. The CO2 content of the atmosphere during the time of the dinosaurs ranged from concentrations similar to today to about three times as high.

CO2 content in the atmosphere has varied enormously over millions of years, with concentrations 10 to 20 times higher than today as well as the same or lower than today.

Last edited:
Not any more if l put them on l can feel every pebble on the pavement. Even with 3 inner soles [emoji636]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.