What's new

I need location tracker app!

Porterfield

Reaction score
Hello guys,

As the title says it all. I need location tracker app. Which app do you use mate? I am newbie and don't know much those kind of apps. Do you need to pay anything for that one? I started searching online and found of them EDITED. I would like to give a try for this one.

What's your opinion please. Thank you!

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys,

As the title says it all. I need location tracker app. Which app do you use mate? I am newbie and don't know much those kind of apps. Do you need to pay anything for that one? I started searching online and found of themEDITED. I would like to give a try for this one.

What's your opinion please. Thank you!
That is an app designed to spy on people without their knowledge or permission. In most jurisdictions that would be illegal as well as being a gross invasion of privacy.

Btw, if you have several devices on one Apple ID, as I do with an iPad and both my own and my wife’s iPhone, then you can use the Find iPhone app to show where the other devices are. Useful if say one or other is caught in traffic., (but not for, as Scifan57 rightly says, invasion of privacy.)

Tracking apps burn your battery very fast, even if it switches to cell tower triangulation rather than GPS.

On my work iPhone we all use StreetSmarts, which is a time sheet, work order dispatch, customers can sign after a job is complete, etc.

This app runs in the background and never shuts off location services. When I get home, I close the app to save battery life.

Oddly, the android version of this app will never let you shut the app off! If on android, you close the app down and within a few minutes it auto starts up. Another reason I like the iPhone vs android is their strict app policy about apps auto starting.