What's new

The 64 bit Processor

acstorfer

Reaction score
I am really impressed that Apple got a 64 bit processor in their iPhones. I had the iPhone 5, but never had the 5S. Now that I have the iPhone 6 it's my first experience with it.

I haven't really noticed any increase in speed going on over my iPhone 5 with my usual use. Is there any noticeable benefit for having what was once considered a super computer processor in my phone? I know it's better for calculations, but what does that do for me? Is it that the app designers haven't caught up with the technology yet? Are there any apps out there I'm unaware of that will knock my socks off?

I really want to see what my iPhone 6 can do.

Yes there is a speed difference but in the real world it would not be noticeable except maybe the frame rate for hard core games. Since the iPhone does just about everything online the speed of your internet connection has more effect than the processor speed. In other words you might see an increase in processor speed but a lagging internet could effectively cancel it.

• It's a 64-bit dual-core processor just like the A7, but Apple claims a 25 percent boost in speed and a 50 percent graphics boost over last year's iPhone 5S.

• It's a 64-bit dual-core processor just like the A7, but Apple claims a 25 percent boost in speed and a 50 percent graphics boost over last year's iPhone 5S.
Apple's claims may be correct but that simply doesn't convert into real world performance.

Actually, that doesn't translate into a blow your socks off improvement from the 5s. I was trying to let OP know it was not significantly noticeable.