What's new

Unresponsive touch screen

My touch sometimes don't work and sometimes went crazy and this way solve my problem. 1 month and never happen again

And i never have grey line or any problems on the image. There are 2 chupa on the video. I think 1 for image and 1 for touchscreen

My touch sometimes don't work and sometimes went crazy and this way solve my problem. 1 month and never happen again
The problem will return as all that so called repair does is apply pressure to the touchIC chip. As the connections to the logic board continue to break, even this added pressure will not maintain a proper connection. If you want to discuss this any more, please start a separate thread on this issue instead of tacking onto an existing thread.

I have been having the same issues my screen was freezing up exactly like yours to
Weirdly enough.
Although I have done the recent iOS update

So right before I went to bed, I put my (working) phone on my bedside table. Picked it up 10 seconds later to view a text and BAM. Doesn't work again
Resetting settings made no difference this time. Forced reboot makes no difference. I stayed up until it allowed me to turn it off and left it off over night. It didn't work this morning and is now having little moments where it works. Other moments its is randomly typing things!

As said previously, not touch disease and I'm going away today and won't be near an Apple Store until next week.
I'm going to buy a new screen protector today and just hope it helps somewhat. Or atleast when I get sick of being patient and throw my phone at a wall, the screen won't smash.

I do appreciate all the help!

Check your available memory. If you have 64gb but only 100mb available it will run slow and act the way you describe
I have the stupid 16gb phone (which is really only 13gb) and have 3gb left!
I'm going to try and delete a bunch of stuff this morning though. This is getting beyond ridiculous

I've pretty much given up this morning.
I found an app for my laptop which let me back up my messages there. Hopefully they stay there. I'm going to do a full phone reset this morning and hope it magically works.
Otherwise I'm going to be screwed until next week!

Hey relax try to remember it is only a phone. Not the end of the World

W]hile your symptoms are not exactly the same as the Touch Disease that affected some iPhone 6 Plus and 6 modeled, they are indicative of a failing touchscreen. Your problems could be the result of the screen itself failing or the touchIC chip may be failing. Touch Disease is caused by the touchIC chip losing connection with the logic board. Your problem may be a failure of the actual chip itself, not with its connection with the logic board.

W]hile your symptoms are not exactly the same as the Touch Disease that affected some iPhone 6 Plus and 6 modeled, they are indicative of a failing touchscreen. Your problems could be the result of the screen itself failing or the touchIC chip may be failing. Touch Disease is caused by the touchIC chip losing connection with the logic board. Your problem may be a failure of the actual chip itself, not with its connection with the logic board.
I'm in contact with my phone provider, hopefully they can replace mg phone as it is still being paid off. Thank you for trying to help!

Hey relax try to remember it is only a phone. Not the end of the World
I know. But while I'm so far away from home, it's stressful being unable to answer calls or message family to tell them I'm fine (when a 21 year old girl doesn't answer numerous calls, people worry immediately)
Plus, I need it for work and have been unable to respond to emails properly so it's just a bit stressful at the moment

Finally have an update. Spent 2 hours on hold to my provider this morning (finally back home and borrowed someone's phone) to be told that although their warranty information online states that apple products are 24 months under warranty. They would not help me out as it is apples issue now.
Whilst waiting for them to answer the phone, I sat on the online chat with apple and they ran me through a couple of things to ensure it was definitely the touch that was the issue. Then said to try and speak to my service provider if it's under warranty still (my apple warranty ran out 4 Months ago) and suggested I try for a walk in appointment at my Apple Store.
I went down and they tested my phone and decided to replace it completely.

For future reference, always deal with apple only. Customer service was 100000 times better and faster. I now have a phone again!
Thank you for your help guys!